Add movie in folder while MP active --> double entry (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I used the search function in this forum section to see if this issue has been reported anywhere (searched for double), but I havent found it exacly like this. If it is in there, then "Öops, I did it again. :sorry:

Issue I run into is the following;
Example movie is Knowing 2009.
I have a folder (named "knowing 2009") which contains the following files:
-knowing 2009 cd1.avi
-knowing 2009 cd2.avi
-knowing 2009 cd1.srt
-knowing 2009 cd2.srt
-knowing 2009.txt <<<with http:imdb link in it)

From a different pc (through a network) I past the above folder inside the folder where all the movies are located, while MediaPortal is active.
The result is that I see 2 entries in movingpictures. One entry for each CD.

To resolve this, I have to exit MP and in configuration delete the two entries and initiate a rescan. Than its all correct.

One idea is that the copying (in this case 700mb) per CD is taking too long that each CD is added seperatly.

Regards.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, this a known issue. This is one of the issues that can occure registered as Issue #44. Workaround for now is to copy your movie to a non-watched folder and then move it into the watched folder afterwards. Moving will be instant if the folder are on the same disk and the importer will get them at once.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ah.. so, I did it again.... ghehehe...

THanks for the clear anwser. Its easy to do as you describe anyway, so a good solution there. THanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom