Add Option to use Folders for Video Database scan (1 Viewer)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Started on: 2007-02-14
    last update: 2007-02-14

Summary: Currently, the Movie Database scan function can only use filenames to search for movie titles. Many people have movie filenames that do not match movie titles but use subfolders that match movie titles.

Area: Movie Database Scanning

Description: Currently, the Movie Database scan function can only use filenames to search for movie titles. Many people have movie filenames that do not match movie titles but use subfolders that match movie titles. Please add the functionality for the Movie Database scan to use subfolder names to search for movie titles instead of filenames. For example, c:\Movies\Top Gun\tg.avi currently would fail in a scan for c:\movies directory.

Others have requested same functionality here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/watch-edit-videos-104/possible-scan-folders-instead-files-31794/

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    There is an option stating "every movie has it's own folder". But it still looks at the filename in this case I think.

In one of the posts that was linked to, a modified DLL was posted. This is probably the best you will get for a while as...
    1. There is currently no-one really in charge of My Videos section. Any work on this section is done by dev's that are actually working on something else and make a little sidestep of their area of expertise.
    2. MP is still in a feature-freeze to be able to release a stable v1.

You wil not be happy to hear that the only workaround I can suggest is to do the scan manually from withing MP (press F3) and then to enter the correct name using keyboard (physical or on-screen). You might need to select "Manual search" or something the like if MP thinks it found something and you don't agree.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    c:\Movies\Top Gun\tg.avi

Personally think that's a crazy way of naming a file.

I named mine exactly as they were found on imdb, including year released, this way if a rescan for whatever reason needs to be done, i get a 100% success rate now.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    c:\Movies\Top Gun\tg.avi

Personally think that's a crazy way of naming a file.

I named mine exactly as they were found on imdb, including year released, this way if a rescan for whatever reason needs to be done, i get a 100% success rate now.

tg.avi is just an example but alot of times people just have files abbreviated for movie titles like dbamtscwdyjith (guess that title :D).

There is an option stating "every movie has it's own folder". But it still looks at the filename in this case I think.

In one of the posts that was linked to, a modified DLL was posted. This is probably the best you will get for a while as...
    1. There is currently no-one really in charge of My Videos section. Any work on this section is done by dev's that are actually working on something else and make a little sidestep of their area of expertise.
    2. MP is still in a feature-freeze to be able to release a stable v1.

You wil not be happy to hear that the only workaround I can suggest is to do the scan manually from withing MP (press F3) and then to enter the correct name using keyboard (physical or on-screen). You might need to select "Manual search" or something the like if MP thinks it found something and you don't agree.

I guess I should be putting this request in for MP 2.0 as well as my request to have a seperate previously viewed channel button from the 0 button. I was skimming through some of threads from the MyFilms plugin... I wonder if the AMC can use folders...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom