Add Search to Genre panel of moving pictures (1 Viewer)

adoga

Portal Member
December 10, 2010
Hello,

I have actually searched the forum for this subject but have not found one.

Is it possible to add a search under the genre panel so that videos or moving pictures can be searched istead of browsing. This is one of the most useful tools in My Movies in media center and xbmc.

I know that its possible to filter by genre but if one have more videos under action I think that it will be browse. Moreover it will also be easier if the layouts get a slider so one can navigate faster.

Xbmc has been my primary media player but I would like to move finally to mediaportal. Maybe the funtionality is already there but I cannot seem to figure it out. If not available it will be a nice feature.

Thanks to all contributors of this great software.

MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass Nova SVN
Windows Version: windows 7 ultimate 64 bit SP1
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 3 GHz Processor
HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4200 on board
Video Card Driver: 10.11
Sound Card: Sound on board
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: 10.11
1. TV Card: Mystique SaTiX-S2 V2 CI Dual
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: Mystique Dual Driver 1.1.6.60 32/64Bit
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD 10
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink PDVD 10
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 2.0
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E, Astra 28°E
HTPC Case: Moneual 301 B
Cooling: BIG Shuriken
Power Supply:
Remote: IMON Pad
TV: Samsung Plasma 42 HD-Ready
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is it possible to add a search under the genre panel so that videos or moving pictures can be searched istead of browsing. This is one of the most useful tools in My Movies in media center and xbmc.
    If you use a remote the movie name can be typed out on the number keys on the remote to filter to a specific movie and also if you want just a specific letter like movies starting with T then press 0 then the number with the T to get to that letter if T is the second letter on that button press it twice and so on.

I know that its possible to filter by genre but if one have more videos under action I think that it will be browse. Moreover it will also be easier if the layouts get a slider so one can navigate faster.

You must be using a mouse? The scroll whell will scroll down the list, and the pageup/pagedown button move a whole page at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom