Add support for 3D logo (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP1 can reliably detect various 3D HD format.
    It would be great if we could add a 3D logo along side our other stickers.
    The idea is that one could scroll through its list of films and easily spot the ones which are 3D.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks like this is more something skin/plug-in related.
    Doing some research in StreamedMP which is the skin I'm using it looks like this could be done by adding something like the following line in MyFilmsLogos.xml:
    Code:
    <entry name="ID2001_11">Resolution;contains;3840x;;;;;MediaInfo\Graphical\Misc\3d.png</entry>

However that criteria would also match 4K video so the proper solution should to determine the 3D status when importing movies into the database I guess.
    I'll have to try.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried editing the above XML file but without luck so far.
    Looking in Moving Pictures we have that Is3D field but whenever I set it to true is goes back to false.
    I'm also unsure how I could test that flag from some skin file to display the 3D logo.

upload_2016-9-6_3-20-7.png

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Stéphane Lenclud have you tried to make the change directly into the DB and not trough the GUI?

So you can confirm that it's the plugin that is doing the roleback, and not that the GUI change doesn't get updated into db?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I tried editing the above XML file but without luck so far.
    Looking in Moving Pictures we have that Is3D field but whenever I set it to true is goes back to false.
    I'm also unsure how I could test that flag from some skin file to display the 3D logo.

View attachment 182005
    MovingPictures using the MediaInfo library to detect if the media is 3D. You can use the Cog icon in the Movie Details config screen and select Update MediaInfo.

If it doesnt set it to True, then double check using MediaInfoGUI (or whatever its called, you can download it separately) to determine if it picks it up correctly. In MovingPictures there would be a corresponding skin property that could be used to display an icon.

Users who are viewing this thread