Add to playlist using MCE Remote (1 Viewer)

anewn

Portal Member
September 20, 2009
I've been searching and don't see this anywhere, or I'm searching for the wrong things. My issue is that I want the default action for "OK" on my MCE Remote (while in music) to add the song to the current playlist instead of playing just the one song. I use Winamp as the player. If I already have a playlist set up, and select a song manually, it clears the entire playlist and just plays the one song over and over until I select a new song. I know the keyboard shortcut "Y" will add songs, but having to have the keyboard there the whole time is kind of annoying since I bought the MCE remote so I wouldn't have to. Help!

- I also know that hitting the 'i" button will pull up a menu, but that is less convenient than having the keyboard in front of me. With all the options of button mappings for remotes, there has to be a way to set this. I hope.

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
October 1, 2009
were you able to find a solution for this? I am having the same issue. The defautl action for OK in the music player is not intuitive with respect to the playlists.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can't tried it now. No MP here.
    But it should be possible to map the "OK" key in just the Music screens to do send a "Y" instead of the "OK".
    have you tried that?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah this should be possible
    MP Config -> Remotes -> MCE Remote Mappings -> Edit mappings
    Scroll to 'ok' button, and add another function, Window ID = "My Music" -> Action = "Add to playlist"

This might be annoying, because don't you use the 'ok' button to open an artist when browsing? ... so when ever you click on an artist you will just add to playlist instead of opening the artist to view their albums. Would probably be better to remap to a different key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom