Adding A Way To List Multiple Video Folders Under One Listing (1 Viewer)

puppetj

Portal Member
March 3, 2007
Hey, back again, no one really noticed my posting before the angry ones and that says alot on how you work here, and i noticed alot of "fixes" so to get the the bottom of this , i would really like this feature added like this you have tv shows the shows are on many drives, and you want them to list as 1 listing under category "TV SHOWS" and so on fer movies, all my action films and there sources are listed as 1 listing, ill pay to have this feature added my god i would!!!

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What do you mean with "that says alot on how you work here"???

Are you saying that we should look past the angry (well actualy just plain rude and offencive) and see your serious requests? Come on that is now how it works!

I did see your previous posts and alot of them were rude as well...

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This thread will not turn into an argument. Stay on topic.

On the topic of this feature:

I like the idea, and I believe it's been mentioned before.

I think someone came up with a workaround by using a feature of the NTFS file system. Junction Points I think.

Do a search of the forum and you may find a solution. As for this feature being added? It would have to wait until after MP 1.0.0.0.

Cheers,

zion22

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yeah, Junction points could do it (works like shortcuts.. kinda) but it's far from a good solution.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I thought MP1 was on a eternal feature-freeze? Only bugfixes and stability improvments, if I remember correctly.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Anyhow junctions are REALLY simple with junction link magic(and other gui apps that do this). Took me about 5 mins to dl it and get my 3 movie folders to appear as one(both in explorer and in MP).

I just made junctions to c:\movies\<genre> and e:\movies\<genre> and put them in d:\movies. Added d:\movies to MP, and voila i get all the content of these 3 folders listed when i enter movies in MP.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Could "My TVSeries" plug in work here as well? I've never gotten around to using it myself, but it seems ideal for what Puppetj is asking for?

puppetj

Portal Member
    March 3, 2007
    Yeah, in my previous posts i was told about all those fixes before, and they dont work for me, either b/c i have different setup ie drives every where on the network, or i just dont get help with setup...as for database views, what do u mean?

dwoodzz

Portal Pro
    May 2, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    darre-
    tried junction magic, but i dont see how to send 2 junctions to the same destination, it only lets you use an empty folder, and once you create one junction it then thinks that folder isnt empty anymore. are you putting a new folder inside of another to accomplish this?Please explain further.
    thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom