Adding an HD Channel that wasn't picked up during scan (1 Viewer)

moskie

July 8, 2007
There's a channel that, for some reason, doesn't get picked up when I do a channel scan with my OTA antenna. The tower for this channel is located at the same place as towers for other channels that come in fine.

So I would like to add this channel in MediaPortal's configuration program (in the Television -> TV Channels section). However, that screen is asking for lots of information that I'm not 100% sure on, namely physical channel number, major channel, minor channel, and transport id. Also, there's lots of "required" fields that get populated with default values, and I'm not sure which ones really need to be specified.

Where's the definitive source for this information regarding a particular TV station?

If it helps, this is for the FOX affiliate in the San Francisco/Oakland area, call letters KTVU.

P.S. If anyone can actually point me to a place that would have ALL this information for every channel in a particular region (in my case, the SF Bay Area), that'd be awesome.

Thanks!

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Netherlands Netherlands
Same here, I'd like the Casema info in Amersfoort in DVB-C

I called Casema, but they did not want to give up the info, they say that they do not support TV via PC and that it will not work haha! I can really prove that it works (except just 2 channels)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Netherlands Netherlands
I think I found all the channels, well, at least I have all the channels I want to watch so I don't miss anything. I havent checked if actually all the channels really are there.
I just miss the audio for some channels (Eurosport, MotorsTV, Discovery Science and more). Maybe this is a splitter problem...

I actually miss all of my HD channels. :( Is there a way to figure out all the required info of the HD channels so I can manually add them and mediaportal can show them?

ranger47

Portal Member
September 2, 2007
I'm having this same problem. No idea on physical channel number, major channel, minor channel, transport id, etc.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Austria Austria
    the TV part of MediaPortal 0.2.x.x
    DOES NOT SUPPORT h.264 HD TV CHANNELS!

h.264/dvb-s2 is supported in TV-Server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    raffe [TV] Option for adding IPTV channels without checking Improvement Suggestions 0
    DHosein Adding Custom Artwork? My TVSeries 3
    Rob Hexenmeister Navigation problems adding menu buttons to EPG General Support 1
    BrownGhost MP-TVSeries, Failed to save xml to cache, and not adding any info to tvseries from tvdb My TVSeries 4
    G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
    Neoculture "Recently Added" option My TVSeries 8
    doskabouter No guide info added due to a MYSQL deadlock Electronic Program Guide 1
    morpheus_xx [WiP] Adding 64 bit support to MP2 MediaPortal 2 15
    Hawkeye Changes to last added view Feature Requests 0
    P Media portal not adding all TV series General 2
    breese Forum Ad blocking screen and will not allow access to upper Post New Thread Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 4
    M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    P Missing channels after rebuild (all on one MUX ?) General 2
    Ralph Holmes One TV channel is duff - all the others are OK General 6
    A UK Freeview channel changes Installation, configuration support 14
    framug [solved] TVguide : channel number. MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    T Client / Server slow channel-to-channel change (zapping) General Support 1
    V [solved] FTA channels but reported as encrypted MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    T Server / client channel logo location Installation, configuration support 6
    g0rsq UK Freesat not tunning BBC HD channels, and lots of other freesat channels missing. Newcomers Forum 4
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    vapourEyes Automatically Tune to Strongest Duplicate Channel Improvement Suggestions 106
    T [solved] Any idea where Channel 107 (DVB-T2) BBC News HD (and others!) have gone??? Installation, configuration support 12