Adding more resolutions then 14:9, "Stretch", "Zoom" ... (1 Viewer)

tzi

Portal Member
December 19, 2005
Hi!

How can I add some other "resolutions" like 14:9, "Stretch", "Zoom" etc?
My Screen is 4:3 with a 16:9 Zoom of the projector.

So I need something like 16:12 or so...

Any ideas?

TIA!

Thomas

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I bet you don't need 16:12 or something weird like that, you have to adjust pixel ratio correction in MP. (Settings in MP GUI) Make it a perfect square and the normal zoom modes should suit your needs already.

tzi

Portal Member
December 19, 2005
Hi!

And how / where can I redefine the pixel aspect ratio? I upgraded to MP 0.2.2 yesterday...

TIA!

Thomas

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hello, I would love to make another aspect ratio zoom. Could be called cinema or sth (it is called that on my pioneer). Actually it is a 14:9 + strech. It will cut a little off a 4:3 top and bottom, and stretch it to fill a 16:9 screen. This works perfect for most 4:3 channels, and keeps most of the subtitles so it is readable (cuts a little off the bottom usually) and makes people a little "thinner" and still fills the screen.

How could I add such an aspect ratio? Is this possible?

afidel

Portal Member
    June 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello, I would love to make another aspect ratio zoom. Could be called cinema or sth (it is called that on my pioneer). Actually it is a 14:9 + strech. It will cut a little off a 4:3 top and bottom, and stretch it to fill a 16:9 screen. This works perfect for most 4:3 channels, and keeps most of the subtitles so it is readable (cuts a little off the bottom usually) and makes people a little "thinner" and still fills the screen.

How could I add such an aspect ratio? Is this possible?

I would like to know this as well since my screens built in Cinema mode, like Corvy's, is a 14:9 with Stretch and it's quite a bit nicer for watching 4:3 programming than MP's standard stretch.

Huge

Portal Member
    August 8, 2006
    All I want is a little bit of zoom for showing 16:9 on my 4:3 with a little less black. No warping.

The names of the warping modes refer to 16:9 I think, so are completely useless on 4:3.

I would much rather modes "Zoom 10%, Zoom 20%, Zoom 33%". This would work on 4:3 and 16:9 and is something I would actually change depending on content if I wanted wide-screen (with black) or centre zoomed.

I know in GBPVR you can set this up with a bit of xml editing. Is this possible for media portal too, or are the magic numbers/names hard-coded into the code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom