Adding Own Series Through Configuration (1 Viewer)

jakobosin

May 2, 2010
I have searched throughout the forums to find answer if there is a way to add a series through the configuration on TVseries. I was to add some sports games that i like to watch and am not allowed to upload anything to theTVdb.com but is there a way if i come up with my own art and pictured and everything that it will look just like the rest and that way I don't piss people off by trying to add it to TVdb.com i have tried to set up a folders just like other TV series's i have but it does not find any of the things in the folders. is there a way to do this or am i wasting my time.
thanks for any help with this
Brian

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have searched throughout the forums to find answer if there is a way to add a series through the configuration on TVseries. I was to add some sports games that i like to watch and am not allowed to upload anything to theTVdb.com but is there a way if i come up with my own art and pictured and everything that it will look just like the rest and that way I don't piss people off by trying to add it to TVdb.com i have tried to set up a folders just like other TV series's i have but it does not find any of the things in the folders. is there a way to do this or am i wasting my time.
    thanks for any help with this
    Brian

Config -> General -> Enable "Count episodes that have no AirDate or Air in the future"

This should allow you to just import those unknown shows into MP-TVSeries, however when you get the dialog "Show not found, do not select skip always, but ESC out of the dialog so that the show gets added raw, otherwise do the following:

Config -> Import -> Manual Episode Importer -> manually force the show to be added raw (you might need to escape the dialog as well, or use 'x').

Config -> Details -> locate show -> edit all the fields missing, this is also where you link up your custom artwork. Look at a working show you have to see what format is used otherwise.

You might want to create a seperate import path for those manual forced/edited shows, so that you can use the import path option "keep reference". That way any future TheTVdB import scan won't mess things up.

Also shows that already got added wrong (via skip always) might just be listed already as hidden, so goto:

Config -> Details -> enable "Show Hidden Items" (left side, below tree), then all the grey italic items will show, you can right click them to "Unhide".

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom