Adding TV Shows/Channels from Youtube onto OnlineVideos (1 Viewer)

andemg

Portal Member
March 11, 2008
Let me start with a massive thanks :D to the 'offbygone' for the wonderful OnlineVideos plugin, this is part of the reason I use mediaportal. Ofcourse a simple thanks wouldn't suffice for Mediaportal itself. :D

Living in UK, I am quite keen on watching TV shows that are hosted on youtube, but haven't been able to add them to OnlineVideos yet, can someone please help us with this...

Now, there are shows & channels...

Ex of shows:
YouTube - Shows
YouTube - The Gadget Show
YouTube - Monster Moves
YouTube - Deal or No Deal

Ex of Channels:
YouTube - Kanal von demandfive
YouTube - Kanal von 4oD
YouTube - Kanal von 4oDDocumentaries

any help is appreciated... thanks.

andemg

Portal Member
March 11, 2008
Tried adding the following into youtube..

YouTube Videos

MP shows all the shows that showup in the feed, when i click any of the videos it comes up with a error message
"Unable to play the video. No URL"

does anyone else have the same issue? Is no one else trying to watch shows from youtube in OnlineVideos?

Thanks...

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the author disabled embedding of his videos, currently those videos might not play. I did fix something about that in SVN, but this will only be working with the next release. Since your channel has all videos from one author this might be the reason they are not playable.

andemg

Portal Member
    March 11, 2008
    Thanks for the reply mate, interesting, I didnt know about the embedding bit. thanks for explaining.

But, is there any other way of adding shows from youtube to onlinevideos? there seems to be quite a bit of content(shows) stored on youtube by original creators,properly formatted and all. would have been great to see all that in OnlineVideos.

While I am here, let me say onething though... BBC iPlayer implementation in OnlineVideos is simply super genius i am using it everyday now, earlier I had to switch to my laptop to watch iplayer inspite of haivng a HTPC... a big thanks to you!!!:D

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should be able to add all kinds of gdata urls. There's also a how to sticky thread on that.

andemg

Portal Member
    March 11, 2008
    You should be able to add all kinds of gdata urls. There's also a how to sticky thread on that.

Alright, let me try that again then... actually i used to use a google page for generating RSS links for any youtube pages, lost that from my fav's, I will find it and try adding the links into OnlineVideos... cheers. :D

No Limit

Portal Member
    March 7, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the same problem with certain videos or channels, I get a can not play, no url error. One example is:

YouTube - Kanal von MODESTMOUSEVEVO

none of those play. Embedding seems to be enabled on those videos, so I dont think thats the issue.

I added a bunch of artist from the vevo music channels on you tube. Most work but many don't including the modest mouse one don't work. Other channels will have some that work some that don't.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom