[Videos] Additional non linear stretch view modes (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The current view modes are:

Normal
    Original
    Zoom
    Stretch
    Non linear stretch
    LetterBox43

Non linear stretch right to the edges of the display is often too extreme and distorts the picture too much.

I would really like to push for an additional view modes of 10-20% (max) Non linear stretch.

Here is a diagram showing 10% non linear stretch on a 16:9 display

2.35.jpg

4.3.jpg

The reason for this is because non linear stretch right to the edges of the display is often too extreme and distorts the picture too much. I'm currently using a 16:10 display, a non linear stretch of a widescreen 2.35:1 AR movie really distorts the movie too much. I also find that non linear stretch of 2.35:1 on a 16:9 TV is a little too extreme as well.

Another option is that instead of adding 2x additional view modes, is to be able to set the maximun non linear stretch percentage in the mediaportal configuration with the default being no maximun (current status quo)

If I could have my cake and eat it to, I would have non linear stretch of up to 10% enabled all the time unless the width of the video was exactly 1920 pixels, in this case I would prefer not to stretch to retain a 1:1 pixel perfect mapping.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got a reply from Scythe42:

Possible when I implement an own StretchRectangle replacement. We can scale the output as wanted. Adding additional definitions for the stretch modes in the config would be no issue.

The 'stretch rectangle replacement' will be a feature implemented into MP1 & MP2

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    IntelligentFrameControl already does what you are asking, but then I tend to use the 14:9 for some 4:3 material myself, so a controllable stretch would be nice.

I think scythe has forgotten about this, with bigger fish to fry ;)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually I.F.C. unfortunately doesn't do the above, it only switches between the existing view modes and offers cropping/blackbar detection. Doesn't offer a gentle non linear stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom