additional Skin options for YT's new videos inside subscribed channels (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    offbyone was so kind to add support for "new videos" inside my subscribed youtube channels in the last version. :D

this is a realy great feature that allows to just see the new videos in one view, rather than accessing each subsribed channel seperately and look for a new video.

My question now is if it would be possible to allow the skin to display more info of each video in that section (maybe in other sections of the YT plugin as well).

infos like these:
    Foto 03.07.11 16 50 50.png

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Currently available are:
    Title, Description, Runtime, UploadDate

I can also supply these from the API:
    Rating, SubcriberCount, ViewCount, WatchCount

Should I use additional Properties or simply put them inside the description text?
    Problem with additional Properties: It will take longer until your favorite skin supports them (if ever), and there might not be enough room on the screen to put them anywhere.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    :D for your quick reply!
    Currently available are:
    Title, Description, Runtime, UploadDate

I can also supply these from the API:
    Rating, SubcriberCount, ViewCount, WatchCount
    How about the "Channel Name" as seen in the screenshot of the Iphone in my first post?

Should I use additional Properties or simply put them inside the description text?
    Problem with additional Properties: It will take longer until your favorite skin supports them (if ever), and there might not be enough room on the screen to put them anywhere.
    I think the perfect solution would be to allow the skin to use whichever info the designer wants to show.
    What I would to do is create a local modification for my fav. skin. Maybe other designers will add more info later on. :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: additional Skin options for YT's new videos inside subscribed channels

Not sure if that is the channel or the name of the "Uploader". Because all I have in the API is the Uploader. I don't think every vdeo must be in a channel.

PS: With current SVN of OV, you have a coontextmenu on each video to go to the uploaders channel, if that is what you are looking for ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: additional Skin options for YT's new videos inside subscribed channels

Not sure if that is the channel or the name of the "Uploader". Because all I have in the API is the Uploader. I don't think every vdeo must be in a channel.
    So it must be the uploader name displayed in the first post then. They also only have the YT api. :)

PS: With current SVN of OV, you have a coontextmenu on each video to go to the uploaders channel, if that is what you are looking for ;)
    Nope, what I am after is a view in MP with the info as seen in the screenshot in the first post. :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not yet committed but there will be:
    Code:
    #OnlineVideos.Details.Uploader
    #OnlineVideos.Details.Rating
    #OnlineVideos.Details.NumRaters
    #OnlineVideos.Details.FavoriteCount
    #OnlineVideos.Details.ViewCount

<visible> Condition for skin elements:
    Code:
    string.equals(#OnlineVideos.selectedSiteUtil, YouTube) + string.equals(#OnlineVideos.state, videos)

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Not yet committed but there will be:
    Code:
    #OnlineVideos.Details.Uploader
    #OnlineVideos.Details.Rating
    #OnlineVideos.Details.NumRaters
    #OnlineVideos.Details.FavoriteCount
    #OnlineVideos.Details.ViewCount

<visible> Condition for skin elements:
    Code:
    string.equals(#OnlineVideos.selectedSiteUtil, YouTube) + string.equals(#OnlineVideos.state, videos)

That was exactly, what I was hoping for! Thanks in advance! Quick question: does the Youtube API have any access to viewer comments or anything like that?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: additional Skin options for YT's new videos inside subscribed channels

The API doesgive access to those:
    Reference Guide: Data API Protocol - YouTube APIs and Tools - Google Code

But I don't think I'll put them in properties, because there's going to bve some point where a standalone youtube plugin is better suited for where you might want to go...

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Maybe a new option in context menu? :)

If clicked, get last x comments for video and show them in GUIDialogText. Might be enough for some, unless they wanna comment on the video themselves :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom