Additional Tuner support???? (1 Viewer)

Cpajoe2001

November 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was wondering if there was any consideration for Genpix Skywalker-1 USB tuner to be added to the supported list. I've been told the reason no BDA driver has been made for it is it limitation for only one modulatioin type for DVB-s and that being QPSK so no Turbo 8-PSK could be available and that BDA doesn't support diseqc controls. I know there are a lot of MythTV users out there using this card that i'm sure would love to come over to MediaPortal but don't because lack of support for there tuner.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unfortunately team devs have limited time available. So only way to support DVB-C/S/T tv cards is to get BDA drivers for the HW. Diseqc controls aren't indeed in BDA, but it's only a small part of the driver functionality and usualy manufacturers provide an SDK for adding that functionality.

sdanielson

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This is the only thing holding me back from embracing Mediaportal fully. Skywalker is the ONLY card that supports HD on ONE of the networks here in NA.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Genpix wrote a TSReader interface DLL so they should be able to use most of that for making it work with TVServer

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. I doubt it's the only device to pick up HD channels on your sat. (What is it?)
    2. As per my previous post Genpix should be able to write support for MediaPortal easily enough using their C++ TSReader code and translating that to C#.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was wondering if there was any consideration for Genpix Skywalker-1 USB tuner to be added to the supported list. I've been told the reason no BDA driver has been made for it is it limitation for only one modulatioin type for DVB-s and that being QPSK so no Turbo 8-PSK could be available and that BDA doesn't support diseqc controls. I know there are a lot of MythTV users out there using this card that i'm sure would love to come over to MediaPortal but don't because lack of support for there tuner.

Whoever told you that is full of BS!
    1. BDA supports 25-30 different modulation types
    If BDA hasn't got it then you just add you own into the BDA tuner filter like DVB-S2 cards do.

2. DiSEqC is supported by us using proprietarty & generic methods.
    Generic using put_Range
    Proprietary using the raw diseqc command to the BDA tuner filter like alot of BDA cards we support.

DMAN

EMKO

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2006
    i have dish network and the only way to watch the HD programs are with the skywalker-1 because it uses that 8-PSK. Maybe it is true dman_lfc because i don't think any other device have it i guess its kinda new.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    8-PSK is supported by BDA and so is non backwards compatible 8-PSK used with DVB-S2 here in Europe.
    However maybe it's Turbo 8-PSK... thats a new one to me...
    Looking on the net it seems only Genpix & Dvbtech ahve made special devices for it.
    You'll have to harass them to see about adding support for MediaPortal TVServer or alternatively get the SDK.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom