Additional (useless) audio track shown for .mkv files (1 Viewer)

lcg

Portal Member
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have several .mkv files with one or more audio tracks (all files muxed by me, so I know what I put into them). When trying to switch between the different audio tracks, MediaPortal shows an additional audio track as shown in the attached picture. Tracks 2 and 3 in the image are the actual English and German audio tracks in that file (with the language codes and names I gave them when muxing, i.e. "DTS 5.1 768kbit/s"), while track 1 corresponds to the currently played track.
I.e., when selecting track 1, nothing happens, the current audio track just continues playing without so much as a small pause that usually happens when switching. Selecting track 2 or 3, depending on which one is currently playing, switches the audio track as expected.
The same thing happens for files with just one track, where track 2 shows the track with the language code and name I assigned when muxing the file but with none of the two entries actually switching the audio track, obviously, since there is only one.

Another post in the forum describes IMO the exact same phenomenon.

For the technical details, I am using Haali's splitter for .mkv files and ffdshow tryouts for the video and audio in those files (only these codecs, no codec packs, they are evil ;) ). The software on this machine is pretty up-to-date, I only set it up some time in early January, with the latest downloads back then. I have also captured a set of debug logs last night without any additional plugins (the screenshot is from that debug session), they are attached as well.

Regards,
lcg

Attachments:
AudioTracks.png
View attachment 77038

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 RTM
CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350
HDD: WD10EADS, WD15EARS, WD20EARS
Memory: 2x 2GB Corsair XMS
Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Video Card Driver: 10.12
Sound Card: HDMI via graphics card
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 2.54
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-S
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: latest
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC from MediaPortal Installation
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow tryouts
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow tryouts
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: Silverstone LaScala LC10
Cooling: Several low RPM fans
Power Supply: BeQuiet 300+W
Remote: Centarea Master Remote II

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi
    Please change a loging level in MP configuration to debug and reapload logs.
    May be its already fixed because i dont see additional langs on current SVN.
    I use FFdshow and mpc splitter.

lcg

Portal Member
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I thought starting the debug session from WatchDog automatically increased the log level (which is what the WatchDog wiki page claims; it should be fixed, either in the wiki or in WatchDog, but that is a separate issue).
    Anyway, I manually increased the log level and attached the new logs. Thanks for looking into my problem.

Regards,
    lcg

View attachment 77059

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi i have compared 1.1.2 and current SVN and now im sure that it is fixed. I have same results as you.
    As i remembet it is because foth ffdshow and haali has own audio switchers.
    Marking thread as now bug.
    1.2Beta is not suffering from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom