Addressbook and Contacts plugin

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by Nightmare77, June 7, 2006.

1. Nightmare77

Nightmare77 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Anyone know if there is a plugin that lets you have a addressbook or contact listing sort of like in Outlook or something? Where you can put phone numbers and contact details and have a picture of your friend or family in the options as well?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fathead

fathead Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice idea. With a HTPC being in the front room, it would be a nice easy way of finding a phone number etc.

4. petteram

petteram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a great idea.
    Anyone ready to make one?

5. Nightmare77

Nightmare77 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    i wish i was smart enough to do this one, i'm thinking if you virtually could import it from say outlook or something or even for the guys who are real good could even have it connect up to say a mobile phone or a PDA and sync up with that device via wireless or bluetooth.
    That would be real sweet

6. smnnekho
    • Premium Supporter

smnnekho Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    This would really be great! but if it would be somehow connected to outlook (which would be the best way i think), there wouldn't be a need for a synchronisation progress for your PDA since that's done by outlook anyway isn't it? (sometimes i wish it weren't so, when i just want to power my PDA in the dockingstation and the computer is always synchronizing it....)

7. Nightmare77

Nightmare77 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    yeah well i was thinking connect to outlook but maybe have an option not to use outlook as i konw i wouldn't want to install outlook on my htpc , ideally have a seperate computer running outlook with contacts and output the contacts somehow so MP could import it like tv guide on a regular basis

8. smnnekho
    • Premium Supporter

smnnekho Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0

aah, okay i see. i didn't think about that because my HTPC is a "hybrid". i only have this one, so i have to use it for both, HTPC and desktop PC

9. fake9
    • Premium Supporter

fake9 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Export tool outlook

Hi All,

I haven't got any experience in programming but here my view

It is easy to export your contacts to a cvs or excel file.

Just try export > contacts > Save as

So viewing this information must be possible like it is a small database.

Maybe the programmers of the moviedatabase have some ideas?

Superbe idea by the way
    Tv

10. Nightmare77

Nightmare77 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    i'm starting to wonder if this should be part of a VOIP plugin for phone. so if the phone rings and that number is in the addressbook it displays the info on who is calling. And the contacts can just be another feature or something? , what do you think?

11. fathead

fathead Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would think the address book would come first, because VOIP is perhaps not something everyone uses. If a plugin wwas developed on an address book, which could then hook into VOIP that would be great.

Perhaps the best way of dealing with the address book plugin is to create a new mp databse for its info. If the database is run by mp, but can import from all manners of contact address books e.g. outlook or thunderbird, then that would be great - its means potentially all email cleint address books could be used or none at all! :wink:

With a VOIP addition in a later release, you could perhaps add a call button on the address book itself so the contact currently listed in dialled :idea:

Additionally a button for email could than automatically open an email plugin (i think there is one for mp) & the address will automatically be filled based on the contact.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!