[Pending] Addtional DVB languages (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    BTW, I have found one channel on which TsReader reports invalid AC-3 audio streams in addition to valid MP1 streams. In other words the channel has 2 MP1 streams (Engish and Russian) when TsReader shows 2 MP1 and 2 AC-3 streams. There is no sound on AC-3 streams. I have TS file. Where is better to report this bug?

I need the logs, and a small sample recording (10s-20s). The broadcaster might be using PIDs for private streams which are normally used for AC3 streams.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Some channels have only one audio stream without language code, I have recorded TS files and checked with VLC player. In this case MP reports this stream as UNK.
    According to DVB, language descriptors are only required if there are two or more audio streams. This is not unusual.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I understand that offered solution is quick and dirty and may affect some other parts of engine.
    I think you've identified a case (mus) where the list of languages is genuinely incomplete. I'm not sure how best to fix this. Whether to manually add the code (and check for other missing codes) or check for a better way of getting the list of ISO 639 codes from .NET. Please keep in mind that TVE is in code freeze as well.

Another solution is to preserve somehow values manually added to list of languages in the configuration file.
    Values are only wiped if you go into the corresponding section in MP configuration and save changes. Otherwise it already works as requested. I don't think this is so bad.

BTW if the UNK lang code is added by TsReader and is non standard, may be it is better to change it to UND code which is standard?
    Perhaps. I think people more readily understand unk as unknown than und as undefined. Owlsroost, what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom