Adjusting tv image pvr 500 in MP (1 Viewer)

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Bluetwo wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Athlon 64 3000
HDD: 2x 200 GB Sata Seagate
Memory: 512
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo 4
Motherboard Chipset: Nforce 4
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Club 3d PCIe 6600
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: 204324103
MPEG2 Video Codec: Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone
Cooling:
Power Supply: Nexus
Remote: MCE
TV: Samsung LE27S71
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

I read somewhere in the forums that it was possible to change the tv image for pvr 150/500. I can't find that thread anymore and I also remember it's not possible anymore to change the image because MP overides these settings?
I really need to change these settings, where, how, and is it still possible?

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
what kind of settings are you talking about? fps? frame size?

if so, they are changed in the tv tuner section of the configuration app. i'm not sure about color correction (gamma, hue, saturation, levels)

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I mean color correction: sharpness, gamma, etc. It seams even when you alter settings in registry they don't work in MP.

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sorry, but I don't see the use of amcap in this case? amcap is for capturing?
There must be more pvr 150/500 users who know what I mean. There is a tool :
http://www.cask-of-amontillado.com/pvr_tweak.html for tweaking, but this tool seems outdated for the newest hauppauge drivers and this is for the mp developers: there were settings in the mp setup for the pvr cards for adjusting sharpness, gamma etc. but this dissapeared(removed?) AND it seems settings done outside MP don't work when mp is started.

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks Noelix, with this tool I can see my tv image can be much, much better then from inside mp. But when I adjust for example the sharpness, close amcap and start mp, start tv, close this and mp, start amcap, sharpness is set back to default. And what about tv image showing default so much better then from inside MP?

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I see the same results in MP as I do in AMCAP as far as I can tell. There's a number of places you can mess with the tv color settings aside from AMCAP. You can choose different video codecs in MP's configuration tool (like Nvidia PureVideo or InterVideo, you'll need to get those separately) and see if that helps, or you can mess around with your video card settings. I have a GeForce FX5500, and in the advanced advanced advanced configuration (lots of windows and tabs to go through), there are two additional places for color settings. One of them affects what goes to my TV period (so this would affect the MP skin as well as the video), and another affects just the video. It has a flicker filter and the standard brightness/hue/contrast/gamma options. Hauppauge's software certainly isn't the greatest there is, but you may look into getting the latest version of it off of their website just in case they fixed any bugs. Let me know if I can help any more with this for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom