advantages in tv-server? (1 Viewer)

Martin B

Portal Member
December 13, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

Right now im using mp 0.2.2.0 on my htpc. Would there be any advantages in DL the tv-server and running that on the same pc, or is the tv server only madeor ppl who has a dedicated server runnning?

Sorry about this propably stupid question, but i cant seem to find an answer in the wiki :confused:

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you use the PC for other than a HTPC, it would be advantages to use the server. You'll be able to close the MP program and still have the TV server recording in the background.

Martin B

Portal Member
December 13, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ahhh yeah, that is a nice feature. Is that the 'only' diffrence from ordinary MP on one pc?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ahhh yeah, that is a nice feature. Is that the 'only' diffrence from ordinary MP on one pc?
    as soon as the final version is out, the TV-Server wil simply be much more advanced.
    stability, features, HDTV (h.264) support, better EPG graber, better autotune,..... :)

Martin B

Portal Member
    December 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sounds cool. So i guess everybody could benefit from using the tv-server :) Will give it a try right away.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    just remember that is is still very Beta, so may not be the most stable piece of software you have ever used :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom