Advice on Mediaportal Client Hardware. (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am currently Mediaportal as a Server/Client in my living room and this serves an Acer Revo Aspire R3610 (the one with 4GB RAM) in my bedroom, which is connected to a 32-inch LCD TV.

I am now thinking about getting TV in my Kitchen and need some new hardware to run a Mediaportal Client setup.

My first thoughts were to buy a cheap TV or even just a monitor and buy another Revo (or anything similar) and put this in the Kitchen.

However, it occurred to me that it might just be better to buy a cheap all in one computer - less clutter as the computer is built in and it is touch screen so no need for keyboards.

I started to look around and found a couple that I was interested in, such as:

Shuttle X50V2 Plus and
Lenovo C200

Now I have come across something even better - the HANNSPREE SN22A1. It has a big screen, should easily deal with Mediaportal Client for watching Live TV and 3GBs RAM seems plenty. It also comes with W7, which is important. I could also use it for watching video on long car journeys (though it is pretty big). It is not wall mountable (as far as I can tell) but this might be a good thing, as I can just move it around the Kitchen whenever it takes my fancy.

What does everyone think - would this be a decent solution as a client for my kitchen or is there something that would perhaps be better suited?

Thanks

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Looks good to me. Just curious, would you plan on using the touch screen to control it, or a remote? I bought several Hannspree monitors at work, and I bought my parents a 37" Hannspree TV a few years back, all have been pretty decent and not given any trouble so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom