Advice please (Colour LCD Kits)... (1 Viewer)

adelphia

Portal Pro
March 29, 2010
Hayling Island, Hampshire, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
For all of you that have built your own HTPC, I'd like to know what the best COLOUR PROGRAMMABLE LCD is that's supported by miniDisplay, if any. If not, has anyone bought one that has an API so I can write my own plugin? I want it to be colour, programmable, fit in a 5.25" bay and be clear to read at 10 feet or so. Currently, I have an iMon OEM (Antec Black Remote case) which I am a little dissappointed with, especially as SOUNDGRAPH don't appear to want to supply an API for the LCD version of their screens. I'm not too fussed on price within reason but I do want one that can do what I want it to do. Failing that, does anyone know how to calibrate the display such that the backlight is not so bright but the text is still bright enough to read any text displayed and have a working LCD API? I did a quick search but nothing jumps out at me as to recommended kits. Perhaps you/we could start a database / topic with peoples reviews / ratings / where to buy of what they have bought / built or is there one already I just can't find?

:D in advance as this is the final piece of the puzzle I need to put in place (I hope).

Well, as I haven't had any replies I've decided to go for this... http://www.matrixorbital.com/GX-Ser...29/GX24064-TCI-BBI/product_info.html?CDpath=1. Now just to find a supplier with stock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom