Advise for 5.1 sound (1 Viewer)

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
Hi,
I have this mobo GA-MA78GM-S2H and also my girl buy me for present this 5.1 pc speakers Altec Lansing FX5051 5.1 that support usb connection,can someone advise me which kind of connection i must choose?usb or the jacks from the intergrated sound card of my mobo??which connection will give me the best quality of sound??i use my htpc only for movies,tv no games.

Thanks in advanced
Nikos.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Nikos

From the articles I have read, the only input is usb, the other connectors are for something like a mp3 player (input) and headphones (output).

So no choice :)

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I believe it has three 3.5mm audio jacks for hooking up to a traditional sound card or DVD player (Front, Surround, Centre/LFE). Hook those up to the analog outputs of your motherboard. That would be the preferred connection.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Jeditrav yes you have right it have also these three 3.5mm audio jacks i have try with them but when i am trying to setup from the realtek control panel i choose 5.1 setup and testing them but they dont play all the speakers,if i choose 7.1 i can hear sound on the test from all the speakers.
    if i use the usb i can setup them inside from windows sound properties with 5.1 and all the speakers work.
    What i am doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom