Aeon Menu Generator (1 Viewer)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Download -> https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge....ins/AeonMenuGenerator/release/aeon_editor.exe

This tool is now being maintained by Sambal. The most recent version will generally be located at the address above (unless Sambal posts otherwise).

Source is located in skin SVN -> SourceForge.net Repository - [mp-plugins] Index of /trunk/skins/AeonMenuGenerator

I've written a small tool to help customize the Aeon menus. It will allow you to generate a completely working Basichome (or GameMenu, MusicMenu, etc) as well as create buttons for custom plugins. It's pretty simple to use, but below are some brief instructions and screenshots.

To Use

Open aeon_editor.exe and goto File -> Open Aeon Folder and select your Aeon folder. This will populate the available windows box with all of the skin files you have. To add a menu item, select it in the "Available Windows" box and fill out ALL fields. Then click Add and it will be added to the menu. When you have at least 3 items, you can generate the xml file by clicking "Generate".

To generate focus/nofocus buttons, go to File -> Generate Images.

If for some reason your generated file does not work, please attach it and your error.log to a post so I can fix any errors. Attached below is a STOCK basichome.xml in case you didn't back up your existing one.

Attachments

• amg.jpg
    amg.jpg
    52.9 KB
  • amgiamges.JPG
    amgiamges.JPG
    17.7 KB
  • Basichome.xml
    30.6 KB
M

Mr-MarQuez

great tool i think because you can personalize the basichome to your own style..

if you have a link to download it that would be great.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
I just added the download link to the top of the post. I had to wait for the submission to be approved.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
There's a bug in the version currently in the repository that will cause the xml to be written to Basichome.xml twice. I've just fixed this and will reupload. I've attached the corrected version to the first post as well.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great work! (Again!)
    Will definitely spend some time on this, as I finaly can get Aeon in a) native language and b) with the BHS of my choice!

Btw: The "Background images" could use a [Open]-button like "Buttons" (remember: we are lazy people! ;))

the_ult

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sounds pretty good :)

Gonna test it tomorrow

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    this is everything i've wanted.

sadly it's not working for me. do i need a latest svn?

I get the missing or invalid basichome.xml error. and i can't find where the backups are going. they don't seem to exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom