AF9015 BDA Devide 100% Working (1 Viewer)

torcuato

July 21, 2007
Hi everybody.

I'll try to explain how to make these devices work in MP because I spent so much time trying and sure, I'll help you.

My device is a USB DVB-T Stick and works perfectly with the bundle software TotalMedia from Arcsoft, but when I tried to make it works in MP was impossible. This is what I did:

1.- You need a section of your card into the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file at the installation directory. Open with your prefer text editor and just look for '9015'. You will find one or two AF9015 BDA Filter sections. It could be your brand or not. The most important thing is to check if the 'devid' value at the first row of the section is the same than your card (you can see this in your device manager at the details tab of the properties of your card).If not is the same, change it. YTou must care that the "&" must be replaced by '&' to works (see others sections in the capturecardefinitions.xml file). This is how I set it up:

<capturecard commercialname="AF9015 BDA Device" capturename="AF9015 BDA Filter" devid="vid_15a4&amp;pid_9016&amp;mi_00">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
<tv>
<interface cat="tunerdevice" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"/>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="AF9015 BDA Filter" checkdevice="true"/>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

2.- The problem with this cards, at least in mine, was a registry mismatch. If you try to add your card at the MP Setup, you'll received a popup saying that no capture cards has found or something like that, if not, you do not need this manual, ;-). Well now, after trying to add your card, open the Configurationlog.txt, and go to the end of the file. You must see something like this:

2007-08-01 12:03:47.343750 [Info.][Config Main]: device:Filtro MPE de BDA id:mad:device:pnp:\\?\root#system#0000#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{8e60217d-a2ee-47f8-b0c5-0f44c55f66dc}&global
2007-08-01 12:03:47.343750 [Info.][Config Main]: device:id:mad:device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_15a4&pid_9016&mi_00#6&d328ce5&0&0000#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\{9b365890-165f-11d0-a195-0020afd156e4}

3.- If you check the second line, you must see that no device can it be recognized, so what i did is to look at the registry for the key that MP is looking at. Here you would need graphedit to see what your system is hadling, I mean, if you see at the graphedit filter moniker of your BDA filter, you will see that the moniker doesn't match with the one MP is looking for. So I look at the registry for both values, firs for the one graphedit shows me. Then I found it here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{71985F48-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}\##?#USB#VID_15A4&PID_9016&MI_00#6&D328CE5&0&0000#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\#{9B365890-165F-11D0-A195-0020AFD156E4}\Device Parameters

4.- Look, then, for the key that MP is looking for :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\##?#USB#Vid_15a4&Pid_9016&MI_00#6&d328ce5&0&0000#{fd0a5af4-b41d-11d2-9c95-00c04f7971e0}\#{9b365890-165f-11d0-a195-0020afd156e4}

and open the key . you will see that there's no Device Parameters under.

5.- Now reproduce the same keys and values from the first registry key to the second one. You just have to make a key called "Device Parameters", and insert 3 values: CLSID,FilterData and FriendlyName, with the same values than the other registry key, of course.

6.- Now you can add your card to the MP setup.

Hope it hepls

Regards

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Celeron 2.6
HDD: 200GB
Memory: 1024MB
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: nvidia 5200
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: AF9015 BDA Device
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

mdolan

Portal Member
March 26, 2006
Hi Torcuato,

Fraid it didn't work here (AFD 9015 BDA/August TV USB).

While digging through the keys, I did notice symbolic links. Perhaps it is the case the media portal is not processing the symbolic links correctly and assuming the the nominated keys contain the final device parameter data?

Any MP devs like to comment on this theory?

Cheers,
Mike

Update - I typoed the registry. After doublechecking, I fixed it and now it works! Yeeha!

Torcuato - *THANK YOU*. Again, looking at this it does look like this could be how MP parses the keys (and doesn't see the referential link).

I can do various dumps of the registry if the would help the developers....?

Cheers,
Mike

torcuato

July 21, 2007
mdolan, great to hear that it works for you!!

Sorry if I didn't explain clearly but I'm spanish and my english isn't so good to explain such a technical issue.
When I refer to that keys, always was speaking about mines, but of course these can differ from one brand to other. But the most important is that works!!

Now there're at least two persons enjoying MP full working, aren't we?

Regards

Morrudo

August 31, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
You´re a magician, Torcuato!!

I´ve been trying a lot of things, but the filters i found in GraphEdit were a little strange.

dsw23 said: thread link(https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/support_af9015_bda_filter-t14395.html?t=14395&highlight=AF9015)

I have downloaded GraphEdit and attempted to follow the instructions for setup however, when I attempt to add the BDA receiver component, it is not listed (only BDA MPE Filter and BDA Slip De-Framer). The device does appear in BDA Source Filters as AF9015 BDA Filter

I was having the same. I downloaded many DVB-T programs like ProgDVB and it worked.

I thought it would cand be a MediaPortal Team miss, so i also downloaded a Visual Studio Application (that worked fine) and i was looking deep inside in the sources, trying to find any thing... I was getting crazy.... :confused:

I couldn´t mind never that the problem were a moniker mismatch... Thank you very much!!!:D

I found that your registry keys are exactly the same as mine, so i prepared a .reg file for solving the problem easily to anybody.

brad63

February 1, 2007
Torcuato is a god !!!!!

:D Hi!

Thank you very much Torcuato!!!!
Your are a god!!!
I'm french and i have a Pinnacle PCTV 71e AF9015 BDA device and it's doesnt recognize by mediaportal, so after lot of search since 2 months i find your post and... now it's work perfectly!!!!!

Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!

bilsby

February 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Still can't get mu AF9015 working

Hi all

I have a V-Gear USB DVB-T stick with an AF9015 chipset. I too had the same problem that it works fine with TotalMedia but not in MediaPortal. I found this thread and at least one other referring to this.

I tried to follow your (torcuato) instructions but even after doing what I think was right the stick is still not found. I am currently running the shipped 6.9.28.1 BDA drivers. I ave also tried the latest 7.6.21.1 drivers from the aftech site, still no joy.

Anyone got any further suggestions?

Cheers

:(

bluppfisk

Portal Member
August 3, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
nah

I'm afraid I'm not amongst the happy ones. I tried your guide, but there was no DeviceParameters key. Desperate, I turned to Marrudo's patch which created the necessary values. Still no luck: it keeps saying me "no tv tuners found, you won't be able to add" etc..

Any other idea's?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    By the sound of it, they have got it working with MyTV the inbuilt TVEngine you get with mediaportal, not the TVServer, so you would have to uninstall TVServer\plugin to access the internal TV module and config from inside mediaportal config\television.

Cannot find any posts of people successfully getting this working with TVServer.

:sorry:

bluppfisk

Portal Member
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for your swift reply!

I don't know about the driver compliancy. It seems to be a pretty standard generic BDA device since the Terratec Cinergy stick drivers will also work with my device (not in MP, that is). I even got the drivers through Microsoft's Windows Update.

Anyway, I'm just not entirely sure what to do now. I started by uninstalling TVServer. And now you tell me to use TVEngine instead. Does that mean I just have to open MP and go to "my tv" without doing anything else? No luck there so far. Or do I have to run an external program that's called TVServer? If so, where do I find it?

Again, much obliged for your kind help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom