After download from mirror... (1 Viewer)

Treebeard

February 6, 2006
should I have a .exe set up file available as I can't locate one and so can't install media portal?

Portal Member
December 20, 2005
Austria
Treebeard said:
should I have a .exe set up file available as I can't locate one and so can't install media portal?

Hi Treebeard,

I am unsure what have downloaded but I think it may be the CVS version. CVS is the current "work in progress at the minute" so you'd need to get a 'released' version installed first.
These are available on the the upper right of the Mediaportal homepage:
ie. https://www.team-mediaportal.com/
Install either "Release 0.1.3.0 or "Test Release 0.2 RC2" first. These have a setup.exe in them!
Try either of these first and if all is good (runs well, etc), then you can try a CVS version.
Note: You will need "Test Release 0.2 RC2" to try the CVS version. You simply extract the CVS version over the top of your "Test Release 0.2 RC2" install. Make sure you back up your working install as the CVS may not work for you. It doesn't for me but that's OK as I (read: my wife) wants stablility over "bleeding edge" technology. :wink:

I hope this helps.

FYI. I use "Test Release 0.2 RC2" and it's great. :D

Marty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier
Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added...
Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation. However one of...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under Team Media Portal in PF X86. The net 4 version, as I indicated, is the one I installed. Or tried to. For completeness, I deleted the (empty) folder & the Team Media Portal folder (otherwise empty), and...
Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under...
1. Download MediaPortal for free! - MEDIAPORTAL Click "media portal 2", goes to this github link, which is a 404. 2. Downloaded the...
Replies
Views
Oh no. That's not good news. It looks like this is going to be complicated. OnlineVideos won't let us record, so that isn't going to work on this occasion, but I do like the information you have given on Online Videos because I have tried and failed to understand the wiki on that. I will remember this for future use. In the meantime...
Oh no. That's not good news. It looks like this is going to be complicated. OnlineVideos won't let us record, so that isn't going...
Good evening! I am trying to set up a TV channel in the TV server to show my live stream from a local camera. I am clearly doing...
Replies
Views
On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I get CRC check error. On third try I don't get CRC error
On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I...
When I was installing MP 1.31 last weekend I selected to download the files and install from a local folder. I got these messages...
Replies
Views
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom