After download from mirror... (1 Viewer)

Treebeard

February 6, 2006
should I have a .exe set up file available as I can't locate one and so can't install media portal?

Portal Member
December 20, 2005
Austria
Treebeard said:
should I have a .exe set up file available as I can't locate one and so can't install media portal?

Hi Treebeard,

I am unsure what have downloaded but I think it may be the CVS version. CVS is the current "work in progress at the minute" so you'd need to get a 'released' version installed first.
These are available on the the upper right of the Mediaportal homepage:
ie. https://www.team-mediaportal.com/
Install either "Release 0.1.3.0 or "Test Release 0.2 RC2" first. These have a setup.exe in them!
Try either of these first and if all is good (runs well, etc), then you can try a CVS version.
Note: You will need "Test Release 0.2 RC2" to try the CVS version. You simply extract the CVS version over the top of your "Test Release 0.2 RC2" install. Make sure you back up your working install as the CVS may not work for you. It doesn't for me but that's OK as I (read: my wife) wants stablility over "bleeding edge" technology. :wink:

I hope this helps.

FYI. I use "Test Release 0.2 RC2" and it's great. :D

Marty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
Replies
Views
Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
Replies
Views
T Thanks for the reply. It looks like the Program Files (x86) requires backing up too. I did read the wiki (Backup and Restore) I will give it a try.
T Thanks for the reply. It looks like the Program Files (x86) requires backing up too. I did read the wiki (Backup and Restore)...
Hello, After backing Mediaportal folder from c:\Programdata\Team Mediaportal, I restored it on a new build (after performing a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 recording video DE
VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
Replies
Views
that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx derails (symptoms are: frozen image, or sound only at video playback) Mind you, it's MP client only, no tvservice, and mp shutdown before sleep (and ofcourse start again at wake) Edit: leaving MP running...
that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx...
Hello my media portal doesn't start anymore, it was working fine yesterday but impossible to start now. The last time I shutdown...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom