After MP 1.0.2 can't watch any TV HD-channels? (1 Viewer)

Jari74

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.2.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
    CPU Type: MD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ EE 65W
    HDD: Samsung 1000Gb 7200rpm 32Mb Serial ATAI
    Memory: 4Gb DDR2 800MHz (2x2048Mb) HeatSink
    Motherboard: MSI K9A2GM-FIH
    Video Card: nVidia GT9600
    Video Card Driver: GeForce/ION Driver Release 185
    Sound Card: HD audio 7.1
    Sound Card AC3: HD audio 7.1
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV-S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Anysee E30 Plus USB
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Thor, Sirius, Astra, Hotbird
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts 430W
    Remote: Antec remote
    TV: Sony 52" W4500
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI, HDMI

I installed MP 1.0.2 and it caused a problem where I couldn't watch HD-channels at all. Reason was that my codecs was disappeared from MP codecs menu ( on 1.0.1 I used PDVD 7.x H264 codec and it worked perfectly) Symptom is like this, when ever I turn HD-channel on (example Discovery) my screen goes fully green and only sound can be heard. I re-installed PDVD 7.3 but still I couldn't seen those codecs on MP.

I purchased PDVD9 version and same result (afterwords I noticed that PDVD9 doesn't allow MP to use it codecs)

I dont have AC3 filter or ffdshow etc. on my system. Now when I check my codecs from MP (h.264) there is only 2 and none of them are actually h.264 codecs.

I tryed to load this SAF codec package. Now I could see those MPC codecs on MP menu but HD-channels stuttered baddly and I heard Mickey Mouse voice. So just like to know is this SAF also compliant on nVidia GT Graphic cards?

So any idea how I can re-store my PDVD h.264 codecs to MP? I know that there is plenty of others but for some reason PDVD codecs are only ones which one works perfectly on my machine (clear picture, sound in sync, fast channels switching etc)

For some reason MP doesn't find any installed H.264 codecs from my HTPC. I tryed to install CLVD and HDPack codecs also and none of them shown on MP's H.264 codecs menu. Other programs like DVB Viewer can see those one. Also DVB Viewer can show HD-channels normally so the poblem seems to be on MP 1.0.2...

All hints are welcome...

Cheers

Jari

PerryM

Portal Member
    May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Forgive me for joining your band-wagon! I have a new installation of MP 1.0.2 but I can't see anything for HD (it is black screen). I have ffdshow installed and enabled in MP but I must admit I am not sure how to set-up the ffdshow control panel?
    A definitive recommendation (for codec support) and step by step set-up would be much appreciated.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    ffdshow will not work for HD television, you need the Cyberlink h.264 codec for that to work properly.

Check the torrent sites for "dxva.rar" that will give you what you need to get going, as Cyberlink have disabled outside use of its directshow filters, these are the last to work.

Jari74

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I downloaded this dxva.rar package and I also purchased CoreAVC (It seems to be highly rated codec). I tryed to install those and no errors etc. but I can't see those codecs on my MP?

How MP detects those codecs? This mechanism seems to be faulty on my MP installation. If I do re-install (clean MP 1.0.2 installation) do I need to define/search all channels again (huge job because I have 4 satellite on my system ~5000 channels)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Did you put them in windows system32 folder and then regsvr32 each codec from the run menu ;), i'm on Vista and with that you just type in "regsvr32" and then drag the relevant codec to the run box, with xp think you have to type in the full address, so it would be "regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32 CL264dec.ax"

jo16v

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2008
    Home Country
    ffdshow will not work for HD television, you need the Cyberlink h.264 codec for that to work properly.
    Actually ffdshow has worked fine for HDTV since last September- they hoped to get MPC to implement the same changes (since it uses similar code) but it doesn't look like there has been any luck there yet. You may be able to get better deinterlacing with lower powered graphics cards using ffdshow + hardware deinterlacing + CPU decoding per my instructions here.

Jari74

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    :D Thanks from your tips. Now I can see again my HD-channels. For some reason my CoreAVC codec appears to MP when I tryed this registry command. Those other codecs "worked" also but picture was really bad (stuttered, slow motion etc) and sound wasn't in any sync.

Now I have CoreAVC in H.264 codec and AC3Filter on audio. This AC3 is only one what I can use, if I select any other, voice is not in any sync and somehow it also affects to picture (again green/black screens) This green windows still appears ones for while but normally it's solved by just "reload" channel
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom