After outsourcing to linux server, files dont play properly (1 Viewer)

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
hello everyone.

i used media portal for a long time now, but always with local video sources.
when i speak from movies, i mean movingPictures plugin
and when talking about series, i mean MP-TV series plugin

i checked my network.
its a 1000MBit network

my "unRAID" linux based server can let me read files or copy them back to my windows pc with around 50MB/sec constantly.
so it should not be the speed.

now: after i copied some movies and series to my server and manually started them with VLC or media player via network access, everything worked.

but: when i start team MP and jump into my series or my movies section and finally start one of the (correctly) imported media files, the start is delayed. (huge delay, if the file is bigger)

it maybe starts, but it rather stops after some seconds of playing and freezes my whole media portal
or it starts and when i try to jump to a +15 sec mark, it takes me ~10sec. (if i jump +1min it seems to freeze / never starts playing again)

or if i try to run a huge MKV movie, it takes so long to start, that i give up after 1 minute..

i dont know, what causes this, but from within MP it feels like my network connection is on 0.1 MB/sec

my server is formatted with a linux file system, therefor not NTFS or FAT. (i guess its called vfat)
but that shouldnt be an issue, since only the server itself has to handle it, right?

write speed to my server is about ~20-30MB/sec (from windows)

i'm running MP 1.0.4

please help me out here or give me some ideas where i could look into.
the whole idea of my server is broken, if this wont work

thank you

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
no one?
this must be an issue, someone have had before i think.
i really hope this can be solved ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom