After restart TV stops playing after first attempt ... (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to clarify...

Still this doesn't explain the pixel errors.
    Access I/O speed (or something else) explains the continuity errors, and the continuity errors do explain the "pixel errors". Continuity errors literally mean that the stream is missing parts. It is not possible to play the stream properly - without pixel errors etc. - when parts of the stream are missing. So one thing is indirectly causing the other...

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello mm1352000 again :)

Any chance that the new dll breaks EPG Import? I attach some logs -

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Since all the EPG plugins (XMLTV, TV Movie WebEPG etc. are disabled), I assume when you say "EPG Import" you mean the DVB EPG grabber. Please confirm.

If you mean the DVB EPG grabber, I suggest you check the configuration. All that I can see in the log file is TV Server repeatedly trying and failing to get EPG from various radio channels including one called "Unknown 759A". Seems a bit suspicious to me.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This I can confirm. The setup is for certain channels (liek ORF1) via TVmovie teh rest (like ORFIII) via standard epg grabber. It's set to grab during timeshift after 2 min and while idle. For testing i left it on teh program for a long time but it is not updating - also teh other for update marked channels are doing nothing. Maybe disabling RadioEPG will help - will try now

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. Like I said, both TV Movie plugins seem to be disabled. Also, to me it looked like time-shifting EPG grabbing was disabled... but I could be wrong. Again, I suggest you check the DVB EPG grabber configuration. You could also try using the "refresh DVB EPG" function in the "manual control" section. If you need further help from me, I will need screenshots of all the DVB EPG grabber settings... and probably better to start a new thread too, because the patch from this thread should not have any effect on EPG grabbing.

croser

Portal Member
    March 19, 2009
    hi,

i am also trying to use windows 10 with eye tv sat.
    using driver version 1.12.0.65 and your patch resolves the "no signal" issue for me as well - however, the missing CAM/CI functionality means that many of the (austrian) programs are not working.

is there any other solution to get windows 10 working with eyetv, including CAM/CI already?
    might upgrading to MP2 help?
    or is it possible to upgrade the TVE?
    if not: is there any timeline for supporting cards such as eyetv sat?

thanks for your support, and also thanks a lot for the great work on the patch you have done already!
    j!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi croser

AFAIK the EyeTV Sat's CI slot should work with the latest versions of the patch - I think versions 4, 5 and 6.
    To be clear, CAM menu access does not work with any version... but decryption should work as long as the CAM/smartcard has been activated.

is there any other solution to get windows 10 working with eyetv, including CAM/CI already?
    No... but you shouldn't need another solution. As I said above: my understanding is that decryption (but not CAM menu access) should work with Elgato PBDA driver 1.12.00.65 and v4, 5 or 6 of the supplied patch.

might upgrading to MP2 help?
    No, definitely not.

Regards,
    mm

croser

Portal Member
    March 19, 2009
    hi mm,
    thanks for your quick response!
    and sorry - was my fault. though i had to activate CI via the CAM menu; when i now remembered to do this via card | edit everything worked out quite fine!
    thanks again for the good work. will you patch be integrated into one of the next versions of MP?
    j!

Users who are viewing this thread