After setting record via EPG it jumps back to top left corner of EPG? (1 Viewer)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
In the past you could move the EPG to a program, hit record, set it then carry on from that same position. Somewhere along the line that feature got lost and now it always returns to the top left of the EPG after you exit the record menu.

I wonder is there a way to set it so that pressing record anywhere on the EPG will set that program to record (once no repeats) without opening any new windows or exiting the EPG (or cancel that 1 program from recording if currently set to record). If we want to set an advanced record we can hit the menu button then record to go to the advanced record dialog. It would make recording soooo much easier, one click instead of about 4. I rarely use the advanced record myself as without a proper series record it's not much use.

No logs as it's a UI thing.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I agree that it jumps back to the beginning of EPG, but if I remember correctly, this is only until you move forward in the EPG time, by scrolling far to the right.

I have for ~ 1½ year been running my own version of the TV Plugin with the "one-click" feature you are requesting. This means that I can schedule the entire evenings recordings within a moment :)

I maintain the modified plugin for my own sake, but I you would like to try it out, I'll be happy to compile a version for you. But I need to know the version of your MediaPortal, the excact version is written in your log-file called "MediaPortal.log".

MediaPortal doesn't like when the TV-Plugin doesn't match the MediaPortal version, so this is just to be sure I can get it to work for you :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    After testing the official TV-Plugin, I can confirm that focus (after selecting a programme with "Enter" and viewing the details to record or not) is reset to the channel of this programme.

This is extremely annoying IMHO. When returning from Programme Info to the EPG, focus should be set on the programme you just selected, not the channelname. Then you have to scroll back to program the next one...

So...my TV Plugin shows this problem PARTLY as it does the same initially, but recovers when scrolling in the EPG. Hard to explan really...

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the past you could move the EPG to a program, hit record, set it then carry on from that same position. Somewhere along the line that feature got lost and now it always returns to the top left of the EPG after you exit the record menu.

I wonder is there a way to set it so that pressing record anywhere on the EPG will set that program to record (once no repeats) without opening any new windows or exiting the EPG (or cancel that 1 program from recording if currently set to record). If we want to set an advanced record we can hit the menu button then record to go to the advanced record dialog. It would make recording soooo much easier, one click instead of about 4. I rarely use the advanced record myself as without a proper series record it's not much use.

No logs as it's a UI thing.

Yip, same here - this new behaviour is most frustrating.

I like your idea of a single button press to program a single show from the epg.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have for ~ 1½ year been running my own version of the TV Plugin with the "one-click" feature you are requesting. This means that I can schedule the entire evenings recordings within a moment :)

Would you like to submit a patch for consideration?

Mark

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Would you like to submit a patch for consideration?

Mark

It's quite a lot changes to the EPG files, and they duplicate code already present in other files - so my solution is not too clean. Basically I took much of the code from the screens where you plan a recording (the screen shown when you view a programmes details).

I also think the "one-button-record" thing should be optional, as it doesn't allow for advanced recording options within the EPG...

I'll try and give it a fresh look and plan how to make these changes if there is a wish for it :)

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    I also think the "one-button-record" thing should be optional, as it doesn't allow for advanced recording options within the EPG...

You can still press the menu button, select record and you have the advanced recording options

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You could also map the default buttons to make "Enter" be one-button-record and "Record" to be an advanced recording...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom