Album Art Browser/Similar to New iTunes (1 Viewer)

shawnwc

Portal Member
August 11, 2006
Boston, MA
The new iTunes has an album art jukebox type thing that lets you move through the albums, using the cover art.

I LOVE IT! It would be awesome if a similar one could be implemented into mediaportal.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Eh.... like this?
    mediaportal3eg.jpg

... included with MP as far as I can remember....

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    looks really nice and the hardware specs will increased with such features, i think. ;) BUT all those features will make MP better and keep it's title as a really great MediaCenter

chefkoch

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The design team already had a look at iTunes (I guess we spread a virus there now... :D). So maybe for 0.3, more probably after 0.3 we might get it implemented. Current MP doesn't have the technology to display the album browsing like iTunes does. Version 0.3 should be prepared for such.

So don't expect it too soon, but we're surely having an eye on it. (Hard to get the eyes off of it anyway...)

shawnwc

Portal Member
    August 11, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Hypnotized ;)

(Hard to get the eyes off of it anyway...)

They use a "?" album cover when the art is missing... I put a "folder.jpg" in every folder of ripped music. So I'm ready for this when it comes out! ;)

The feature certainly makes it more jukebox like... I'd love using my remote control through MP with the same kind of interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] New Category DE
    Good to hear it works and covers your intended scenario. User management is quite powerful and offers also oportunities besides "kid restrictions" :)
    Good to hear it works and covers your intended scenario. User management is quite powerful and offers also oportunities besides...
    Is it possible to add categories, or sub categories. For example I would love to have two folders for Series. 1 that has the ones...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom