Album art overlay is too big in 0.2.2.0 (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.81GHz
HDD: ?? 200Gb
Memory: 1Gb DDM
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M
Motherboard Chipset: VIA K8M800
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6200 (128 MB)
Video Card Resolution: 1440x900
[Sound Card: (on board) Realtek AC'97
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5930
1. TV Card: LeadTek WinFast DTV1000 T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
Remote: MCE
TV: Acer AL1916 19" widescreen monito
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

In MP 0.2.2.0, start a music track playing. The album image that appears in the bottom left overlay area is bigger than the usual video overlay and obstructs part of the name area under the image.

I have also seen this with the correct size image appearing on top of the incorrect larger image.

Let me know if you need any other logs.

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    GDI+ error in log...

In the attached log, there seems to have been some problems creating the thumbnails... Which image do you see?

This one:

27332.jpg

Or this one:

B000083LPY.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I don't know much about this, but I believe you are supposed to see the latter and it seems GDI+ had some problems creating the thumbnail for it:

2006-12-31 11:21:31.468750 [Info.][PoolThread63]: Picture: Error saving new thumbnail C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Albums\Alisha's Attic-Collection.jpg - A generic error occurred in GDI+.
    2006-12-31 11:21:31.484375 [Warn.][PoolThread63]: Picture: Creating thumbnail failed for C:\Documents and Settings\TVx\Local Settings\Temp\tmp2A.tmp

If I were you, I'd check which image has the filename
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Albums\Alisha's Attic-CollectionL.jpg
    on your system right now...

Does this problem occur with all album covers or only a select few?

Regards
    DalaNorth

Doodles

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi! Many thanks for looking at this.

I see the second image, but larger - about 200x200. Also, this is the one in the named file, though larger still - 512x512.

It happens with all album covers that I've tried. I didn't have the problem in 2.0.4, and I don't think I had it in 2.1. As far as I'm aware, I didn't change anything relating to alum art between these two.

This log shows me just hoping between albums. Note that I've now switched on the id3 tags as the workaround you suggested for my other problem.

Let me know if there's anything else I can try or send you.

Many thanks

I had problems posting - I'll attach the logs to a separate post. Sorry

pegisys

Portal Member
    September 13, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have noticed this as well and it only happens if I use the bass player, if I use the internal direct show player the album art fits inside the "media box"(for lack of a better term)

so for now I have switched back to the direct show player, but I liked the bass engine better because the direct show player doesn't play some of my music files for some reason

backslash

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have noticed this as well and it only happens if I use the bass player, if I use the internal direct show player the album art fits inside the "media box"(for lack of a better term)

so for now I have switched back to the direct show player, but I liked the bass engine better because the direct show player doesn't play some of my music files for some reason

I can confirm this and this is also the reason i switched back to the dshow filter.

Greets,

backslash

Doodles

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Well, somehow the problem has fixed itself for me! I don't know exactly what change I made that fixed it. I switched the player to the direct player (in which the problem doesn't show) but thought it was giving me another problem, so switched back to BASS again. I also checked the "Get tags from id3" as a workaround to another problem, and then switched it off again. I was also switching the Grab epg from DVB switch, again to try and fix another problem with music stuttering.

Somewhere along the line, I found that the album art was now showing at the correct size, and has stayed that way now over several restarts and numerous albums.

Sorry I can't isolate what changed that might have fixed it, but it's working correctly for me for now.

backslash

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I can confirm this and this is also the reason i switched back to the dshow filter.

Greets,

backslash

Btw. the resolution i use is 1024x768! Maybe ist helps discovering the bug...

backslash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom