Album info (1 Viewer)

Jailky

September 19, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi all!

First of all, let me pay deepest gratitude for the developers, and the community as a whole, for making Mediaportal what it is. This truly is a prime example of the magnificient things the "open source" crowd is capable of!!

I've been using Mediaportal for a while now and couldn't be happier. And what's more it seems to be improving day by day.

Now to my problem/request (not sure which this is...):

I've a music collections of about 2000 albums each ripped to separate folders, and in most folders there is a txt file containing the original liner notes of the album.

My problem is that I would really like to have this information displayed within Mediaportal.
If there is an existing solution, could someone explain it to me as I haven't figured it out...

If not, does anybody else feel a need for this kind of feature, maybe along the same lines as displaying Album cover art by naming a jpg file as "folder.jpg" and placing it in the folder? In other words if there is a file called "folder.txt" in each folder Mediaportal would treat is as Album info.

As I have zero talent/know-how in programming I have no idea how big a thing I am actually requesting, so let's consider this more of a "just a thought"...

One's again thanks for a great product!!

-Janne

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom