Album view: Display artist when sorted by date (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
June 25, 2009
Bruxelles
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

I've defined a "recently added" view (see screenshot 1) which displays the 100 latest album added to the db.

When using this view in MP, I'd like to see the artist name in the album view (instead of just album name & date, see screenshot 2).

Is there a way to display the artist name in those conditions? Because if the artist name is mentionned on the displayed cover, it's fine. Otherwise, I've to open the album to see this name.

I'm using MP 1.1.2 and BlackGlass 2.7.0 skin

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1. musicview.JPG
    1. musicview.JPG
    60 KB
  • 2. mp.JPG
    2. mp.JPG
    205 KB

Portal Pro
June 25, 2009
Bruxelles
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

I take the opportunity I had installed MP 1.2.1 to reopen this post. Does anyone know which properties I should used in MyMusicGenres.xml to replace the #selecteditem2 (currently containing the album added date) in order to achieve the view I described in my 1st post of this thread.

jameson_uk, you was maybe thinking about an other solution when you replied here above ?

Other question: when I open this view in MP 1.2.1, I've to wait until 20 seconds to have it displayed (it's faster the 2nd time, around 6 seconds). Is there any reason , Or a log I can check to understand the reasons of this slowness ?

Already thank you all!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

I take the opportunity I had installed MP 1.2.1 to reopen this post. Does anyone know which properties I should used in MyMusicGenres.xml to replace the #selecteditem2 (currently containing the album added date) in order to achieve the view I described in my 1st post of this thread.
    #selecteditem2 is set in the code and you can not change that. What you can do however is use some of the properties detailed
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...1.1.0_to_1.2.0/Music_Browsing_Skin_Properties
    You would however need to make use of conditional visibility and combine this with
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ges/1.1.0_to_1.2.0/Itemtype_in_database_views
    And I think #viewname (not at pc to check) so that this only shows where you want. Check out the streamed mp mod as this does q similar thing

Other question: when I open this view in MP 1.2.1, I've to wait until 20 seconds to have it displayed (it's faster the 2nd time, around 6 seconds). Is there any reason , Or a log I can check to understand the reasons of this slowness ?

No idea without logs. Could be that nas / hdd with music on is asleep when you first open? How big is your collection as the built in "albums by age" view (which does what you are doing here except is not limited to 100) opens almost instantly for me with about 1000 albums

Portal Pro
    June 25, 2009
    Bruxelles
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you for the quick answer.
    I'll have a look tonight for the skinning part.
    For the performances, I've a collection of about 2500 album. Which logs should I check/send? I checked into mediaportal.log but I didn't find anything special (except this elpased time of 20 seconds between two entries).

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Which logs should I check/send? I checked into mediaportal.log but I didn't find anything special (except this elpased time of 20 seconds between two entries).

Use the debug option from start menu and choose the report bug option. This will create all logs.

Portal Pro
    June 25, 2009
    Bruxelles
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello again,

Regarding the "artist" properties, none of the #music.xxx properties are working because I'm in at the 1st level of the music view I defined which is an album list (and the #music.xx required an highlighted track). I also tried with #artist, #artistinfo, #artistinfo.name but without success. Do you know any other property to retrieve the artist name when in an album list ? (by the way, the conditional visibility can be managed by #view).

Regarding the performances, I've attached the logs. The 1st sql command for this music view takes 15 seconds and the 2nd 6 seconds (which is already long when you're waiting). I've tried to access directly to the music db with SQLLite DB Browser on 2 different PCs and the results are similar. Do you have any idea ? Do you want to have a copy of the DB (I'll post it somewhere on the net because it's 13MB for the 2500 albums)?

Already thank you.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Regarding the "artist" properties, none of the #music.xxx properties are working because I'm in at the 1st level of the music view I defined which is an album list (and the #music.xx required an highlighted track). I also tried with #artist, #artistinfo, #artistinfo.name but without success. Do you know any other property to retrieve the artist name when in an album list ? (by the way, the conditional visibility can be managed by #view).
    The following should all work at album level
    #music.album
    #music.genre
    #music.year
    #music.albumArtist
    #music.discid
    #music.disctotal
    #music.trackTotal
    #music.datelastplayed
    #music.dateadded

so albumArtist would be the one you need

Regarding the performances, I've attached the logs. The 1st sql command for this music view takes 15 seconds and the 2nd 6 seconds (which is already long when you're waiting). I've tried to access directly to the music db with SQLLite DB Browser on 2 different PCs and the results are similar. Do you have any idea ? Do you want to have a copy of the DB (I'll post it somewhere on the net because it's 13MB for the 2500 albums)?
    Very odd. I am away with work at the minute but at home the default albums by age view is basically instant with 1,000+ albums.

Can you try a couple of things
    • Remove the 100 list (to just get all albums)
    • Change the layout to list
    and see if these make a difference. Also are these files stored remotely? if so can you navigate to the folder in windows then start MP and see if it takes the 6 seconds first time rather than 15

Portal Pro
    June 25, 2009
    Bruxelles
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you for the #music.albumArtist. It worked perfectly. I was waiting that since month!

But the performances, no change. The files are stored locally but I nevertheless opened my Music folder in windows explorer before to launch MP and remove the 100 limit. But no changes. Do you think I should remove 1000 albums and try again ? Is it worth?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Thank you for the #music.albumArtist. It worked perfectly. I was waiting that since month!

But the performances, no change. The files are stored locally but I nevertheless opened my Music folder in windows explorer before to launch MP and remove the 100 limit. But no changes. Do you think I should remove 1000 albums and try again ? Is it worth?

Very very odd...
    What tool are you using to look at the database? Try and do a database compact and see if that adjusts the size of your database. There is something odd why is it taking that long.

If that makes no difference then perhaps it might be worth deleting the database and re-importing everything again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom