albumart not displayed (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you use the (recommended) folder.jpg setting?
    Could you please apply a log file?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I thought that MP manages the icons/thumbs on its own.

It does if you use the default settings where this is enabled.
    Furthermore you might want to check whether config->general->thumbnails "create missing thumb cache" is enabled.
    MP won't "look" directly in your shares for thumbs when browsing multiple items since this would slow down MP awfully (Displaying simple tracks and Now Playing is a special case since there won't be that many thumbs to display whereas a album list could have thousand of items).

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I exactly have the same problem and I yet posted it , in the post "new data base" (may be wrong, so excuse me)

My MP3 files are all in the same folder, each file is perfectly tagged with its album cover art, so, as David says, I don't have any folder.jpg

I perfectly see the image of the artist, then no image at all for the different albums of this artist, but each track is then displayed with the correct album cover.

That means that MP does perfectly its job: putting the different tracks of the same album in one folder, but it does not display the album cover for this folder, showing it only for each track!

Same thing that for David: this organization worked perfectly with MP 0.2.2

Any issue?

scirocco790

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same here. in addition to this mp only displays the length of a title if i rescan the folder using the context menu and the function "search / add new files" or in german "neue dateien suchen / hinzufügen"
    after the rescan the images are displayed correct for this folder. i have to rescan every folder if i like to see the embedded images.
    same for the track length.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    scirocco790: you most likely didn't rescan your collection after a svn update where it was needed...

@all: I've added some code which checks whether the folder thumbs are disabled - MP tries to find them using a different method then. This should fix the issue for you all.

hint: please do not rescan you collection with this night's build as there is a little error present - I guess hwahrmann will fix it soon ;)

scirocco790

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @scirocco790: you most likely didn't rescan your collection after a svn update where it was needed...

i did a rescan of my whole collection, and it did not help... will try the svn today.

Users who are viewing this thread