albumcovers - problems with certain compilation albums (1 Viewer)

NiteSite

Portal Member
June 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP 1.0.1.0
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7100
CPU Type: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
HDD: 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint & 1 x 74GB Seagate (Main OS)
Memory: 8GB OCZ Gold Edition DDR2 PC2-8500C5
Motherboard: Asus P5Q-EM HDMI
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS
Video Card Driver: 185.85
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition (On Board)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: R2.26
HTPC Case: Thermaltake MozartTX
Cooling: Scythe Ninja, 2x120mm Noctua Fans, 1x80mm Noctua Fans
Power Supply: Corsair HX620W
Remote: Soundraph iMon Pad
TV: Sony KDL403000
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Hi, this has me baffled at the minute so any help would be appreciated!

My mp3 collection is fully tagged, all in IDv2.3, including 640x640 CoverArt embedded, both Artist fields filled, tagged as whether it is compilation album and also tagged as whether it is a gapless album.

The view I have setup in myMusic is Albums/Icons/Sorted by Artist going into List view of tracks. This works fine for 90% of my collection as seen here:

18-09-06.jpg

However, when I scroll down to V (Various Artist comps) most of them don't have CoverArt showing, even though they are tagged with it.:

18-12-08.jpg

I thought it might be down to the folder structure for some of the compilation albums i.e subfolders for cd1, cd2 etc so I tested by giving a few double CDs their own root folders, deleted the database and cache and tried again but still had the same problem.

Does anybody have any thoughts why it isn't showing the CoverArt?
Also, is it possible to get myMusic to sort the albums in alphabetical order whilst keeping the current view? As you can see above all of my Now albums are in no order at all!

NiteSite

Portal Member
June 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
After some investigation and testing by retagging some albums it would seem that if your album title has CD1, Disc1 etc in the title then coverart doesn't get generated for it for some reason.

Is this a "design" of the program or a bug?

NiteSite

Portal Member
June 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
hwahrmann, apologies, yes it appears the album art has been generated. It's just that for some reason if an album has "CD1",CD2" "Disc 1" etc in the name it doesn't display the album art for it.

I re-tagged an album and removed "CD1" from the end of the Album Title and when I rescanned the database the album art was shown for it.

Is there some other way that multiple CD albums should be tagged so that the album art gets displayed?

I have my view setup as Albums (displayed as icons) sorted in Artist order, then tracks displayed in list order.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    there is the Disc Id or "Part of a set" field, that can be used to tag multiple album set. this is the TPOS frame in ID3.
    so instead of having CD1, CD2 as part of the album, you name it all the same and for album 1 you enter 1 / 2 in the Disc and Disc Count field. and for the second album you enter 2 of 2.
    MP will sho then only ONE album and add the Dic number as a prefix to the track number in the details display.
    so track #1 on disc 1 will be shown as 101 and track #1 on disc 2 will be shown as 201.

if yo don't have a tag editor supporting the TPOS frame, i encourage you downloading MPTagThat, which will assist you in all kind of tagging problems

NiteSite

Portal Member
    June 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Excellent. Yes, several of my albums already have this tagged. I use mp3tag so will start re-tagging my compilations.

Thanks again for your help, I will let you know if I solved the problem

Just retagged my entire collection to include Disc number and removal of "CDx" from Album and everything is showing up correctly now.

Thanks again for your help :)

macardi

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I also have this problem. The suggested solution is fine with albums with two CDs but I have some albums which contains four, five and i one rare case even 11 discs. I those cases I would wery much prefere to have them listed as separate CDs, otherwise the track list will be quite extensive and hard to overlook.

macardi

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Album Name CD1, Album Name CD2 ....... would work for me. Is there a reason why album names with CD# in the end dont show the albumart. I tested naming the albums like: Album Name CD A, Album Name CD B, and then the album art showed up.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    we look for the exact Album name.
    so if you name them "Album Name CD A" then we need a jpg with the same name. we won't recognize that you mean "Album Name".

for me it is impractible to change the album name.
    I'm happy having multiple CD albums together under 1 album name.
    Maybe i could introduce a switch "Include Disc# in Album Name", and if i find 1/2 in the discid, i would concatenate the album name with a string.
    e.g. you have a 2 Disc album and tagged it as "Album Name" and discid has 1/2 and 2/2 in the disc id field, then we could store the songs of disc 1 as "Album Name (1)" or "Album Name CD1" etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom