[Skin] Align text vertically on buttons, menus, listcontrols, etc (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would love to have the ability to align text vertically on buttons menus and listcontrols. Why? Because right now if you change font sizes in a skin you have to change the textYOff position in every case for each font size if you want it to be readable and look good.

If text could be vertically centered on buttons, menus and list controls, then skins could be more easily designed for mutliple font sizes. This would take MP a step closer to being able to use themes for skins.

Images can be centered using the <centered> tag. I am not sure if it centers both vertically and horizontally, but I think so (I couldn't find any documentation on this tag)

Text can be aligned horizontally using the <align> or the <textalign> tag in labels, buttons and textboxes although I could find nothing in the WIKI that documents the differences between them since you can use a <textalign> tag on a label as well as a button.

I once saw a tag <aligny> used, but I don't think it works anymore (if it ever did!)

So, I don't think there is any way to align text vertically other than with a textYOff tag. If there is a way, please let me know. If not, is there any chance of having this implemented?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom