All imported movie details lost .. (1 Viewer)

2thor

Portal Pro
November 1, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Had tv server error problems and ended up reinstalling MP, including Moving Pictures .. but lost all data from around 900 imported movies :(

Any chance to recover the data somehow?

Thanks in advance!

/thor

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You probably have a backup of your database somewhere. When MediaPortal does a fresh install generally it backs up the old folders. Also, each time you run the Moving Pictures installer it makes a backup of your database. What you are looking for is movingpictures.db3 and the thumbs\Moving Pictures\ folder (and subfolders).

Hope this helps.

2thor

Portal Pro
November 1, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Great thanks for your advice!

Attached pics of what i found:

The Movingpictures-bacupfolder is somehow very old, but the movingpictures.db3 file has the right date!

Can you tell me if I need more than replace the movingpictures.db3 file and the backdrop and cover folders in the new install folder with this?
(not sure if also need the FolderDatabase3.db3 file, or if its maybe safe to copy all to the new destination?)

By the way.. the new install didnt solve the tv server error, but when made one more reinstall and changed server form MySQL to MS SQL 2005 all works well:)

/thor

Attachments

• Indspilning i fuld skærm 26-04-2011 182333.jpg
    Indspilning i fuld skærm 26-04-2011 182333.jpg
    34.1 KB
  • Indspilning i fuld skærm 26-04-2011 182217.jpg
    Indspilning i fuld skærm 26-04-2011 182217.jpg
    67.2 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
All you need is the movingpictures.db3 file and the backdrop and covers folders. Other stuff is for different components of MediaPortal or other plugins. Glad you figured it out! :)

2thor

Portal Pro
November 1, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It worked:)! Great thanks ... you saved me a lot of work, especially because most movies are recorded from tv and many are entered manually caused poor data for recognition! (and stored on 5-6 usb harddrives)

Thanks again!

/thor

Users who are viewing this thread