[confirm] All recordings fail with RC1 (1 Viewer)

Infidelus

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3 Wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 X64
CPU Type: AM2
HDD:
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus M2N4-SLI
Video Card: 7600GT
Video Card Driver: 191.07
Sound Card: Realtek AC97
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: KWorld PC160-2T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: V9.603.1
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite

I've tried upgrading to RC1 about 3 times now on two different machines, each time with the same result (which I commented on in this thread).

Every recording I try to make on RC1 fails. It starts recording, creates a smallish file (<10MB) in the recordings folder, then deletes it and starts again. Having a quick look at the log files it seems (if I'm reading it right) to be saying it can't find an audio stream and so it just stops.

As mentioned, I've tried this on two different machines with different hardware now. I've even gone as far as reinstalling the Server today and starting from scratch. Same result. If I revert to an earlier SVN (I was using SVN 24669 previously), my recordings all start working again, but as soon as I install RC1 and configure it exactly the same, failures every time.

The only thing I can assume is there's either something horrendously wrong with RC1, or there's a new setting hidden away somewhere that wasn't there before.

Logs attached

diskeeper

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Dortmund
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: All recordings fail with RC1

you use an "old" recording programming?
delete it and re-programming it.

bakerpr

Portal Pro
July 21, 2009
Home Country
I can confirm I have the same problem with a clean install on W7 x64.

Infidelus

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Home Country
Re: AW: All recordings fail with RC1

you use an "old" recording programming?
delete it and re-programming it.

No, these are ad-hoc and newly scheduled recordings on a fresh Windows 7 install.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After analysing your logs: It does not record because you have no signal. Signal level is 0 and MP does not receive audio or video. It then stops and retries.

Infidelus

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Home Country
But if I have no signal, why does it record perfectly using different software or with a previous MediaPortal SVN? :)

The only time it fails is if I use RC1

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
But if I have no signal, why does it record perfectly using different software or with a previous MediaPortal SVN? :)

I don't know that. Can you watch TV with MP or does that fail too? If you can, please post logs.

Infidelus

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Home Country

I don't know that. Can you watch TV with MP or does that fail too? If you can, please post logs.

Logs attached

Live TV failed. I don't watch TV through MP, so hadn't looked before.

I then went into TVServer Config and started a manual timeshift. I looked in the timeshift folder and was then able to watch the live stream via VLC with no problems at all.

So, my best guess (as a non-developer) is that RC1 is misreporting the TV/Audio signal and failing because of that, yet I can watch the timesift buffer created from the 'Manual Control' section of TV Server Config.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After analysing your logs: It does not record because you have no signal. Signal level is 0 and MP does not receive audio or video. It then stops and retries.

Hi,

am I 'suffering' the same here.
    Recording works only if it is the first thing it does after reboot. This log shows that it was playing a webstream, by the time the recording starts (signal levels 99/100%) it says no audio after 15 seconds and the TV services just stops after a while.

This is with morpheus's his new tv library.dll and tvservice.exe. Before I had the same behaviour so that should not be the problem.

Hope this helps in resolving this instability.

regards,
    Ruud.

Attachments

• TVServer-No Remote-Crash.rar
      30.7 KB

Infidelus

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    This thread seems to have fallen by the wayside. Any updates from the devs? I know you're all busy, but TVServer is effectively useless in it's current state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom