Allofmp3.com - Anyone used it?

Discussion in 'OffTopic' started by usbrit, November 19, 2004.

1. usbrit

usbrit Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Found this service in Wired Magazine. Anyone used it/have an opinion on it's legality?
    Thanks
    usbrit

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mama

mama Portal Pro

Sales Manager
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So why not? It´s like iTunes.

But take a look at www.radiotracker.de! It rips internet radio legally. With the demo you can test it one week or 100 songs. I just bought it, it´s great.

4. TimmyT

TimmyT Portal Pro

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    You don't have to spend money on an internet radio ripper... StationRipper is free in its basic version, so you can save those 15 €

5. mama

mama Portal Pro

Sales Manager
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you already run it? It seems like it´s shareware with limited functions until you pay 14,99$. ( http://www.stationripper.com/buy.htm )

I like radiotracker more (tough I didn´t test StationRipper), because SR seems not to have the possibility to limit bandwidth, data or time.

6. TimmyT

TimmyT Portal Pro

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    the limits are that you can't record several streams at a time... but i deleted it anyway, because the the program didn't recognise the beginning and the end of a song correctly, so you always have a couple of seconds from the last song in the new file... so you would have to cut it manually. but with the bandwidth i had no problems at all, i had it running in the background and kept surfing or listening to another station the same time...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. tomtom21000
    • Premium Supporter

tomtom21000 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0
  9. usbrit

usbrit Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Except it's about 6 cents a song instead of 99!
    I wondered if anyone had had any experience with giving a credit card to these guys. Just being careful!
    radiotracker isn't what I need, I want to but songs.....cheap and legally if possible.
    usbrit

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I belive the service is illegal at the very least outside Russia and isn't shut down only because of lack of laws in Russia. See http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9655

For them to sell outside Russia they would have to reach agreements with the organisation in each country who collects the royalties.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!