[Approved] Allow screen saver in pause (1 Viewer)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    This patch will allow screen saver (blank screen) to also activate while video or TV is paused (to avoid burn-in). This feature was requested and discussed in this thread.

The patch is based on MP SVN22555.

Cheers,

Arion

Attachments

• Allow screen saver during pause (using SVN 22555).patch
      30.8 KB

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    hi, I have download last code from svn, this patch is included
    but I think there is a problem with the patch.
    while watching something after 20 minutes ( depend on what you have on the power configuration for the screen to shutdown on vista ) the screen goes blank .
    as I sait I am using vista .
    to reproduce the problem just ajust the time to shutdown for 3 minutes for example and start watching a recording , after the period of time the screen will go blank
    hope this helps

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I don't have Vista to test it but I will try it tonight at home on XP.
    However I doubt your issue is related to this patch, because it does not mess with Windows' screen saver and / or power settings.

Try disabling the screen saver feature of MP and see if you can reproduce the issue. If you can, then it is definitely unrelated to this patch.

Also can you please verify that the issue did not exist prior to this patch (i.e in MP 1.0.2)?

Arion

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    HI

I will test it. But I have to say that I didn't have this problem with 1.02 or 1.01, just after I update to build 22732 I got the problem on two computer.. The workaroung is to set the "monitor" shutdown on the powe control panel to "never".

I have sait that it was because your patch because I haven't see other changes on the log from 1.02 on the svn, maybe I'm wrong..

Anyway I will check what you have ask tonight

Thanks!

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I just checked the latest published SVN (22732) and the SVN mailing list. This patch was applied in SVN 22739 (see SVN email archive) so it is not available yet in the public SVN.

Probably something else has been changed that causes your issue. Disabling screen saver in MP configuration won't make any difference so don't bother testing.

If the PC is a dedicated HTPC I don't see any reason you would want to enable monitor shutdown in windows power settings. On the other hand if your PC is used for something else too, then you have no choice.

Anyway, if the issue is confirmed, it is definitely a bug - MP shouldn't allow windows to shutdown the monitor while a video is playing.

Arion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom