[Skin] Allow skins to open plugins with parameters (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

some of the great plugins for mediaportal (onlinevideos, movingpictures, tv-series,...) provide the user with different viewing schemes (onlinevideos=different sites, movingpictures and tvseries=categories) but the user has to open the plugin and then switch to the view he wants.

It would be useful if MediaPortal would offer the skin/plugin developers a method to open a plugin with an included parameter (or a set of parameters) so the plugin could immediately switch to a view/category/site/...

An example for this: Instead of having a basichome that links to OnlineVideos, it could have a link to OnlineVideos->Youtube AND a link to OnlineVideos->AppleTrailers, instead of one link to MovingPictures it could have a link to MovingPictures ->Kids and MovingPictures->Parents...

This would be a great addition imo and would allow for a more flexible skin design.

I had a quick look through the code and found that GUIMessage (used for GUI_MSG_WINDOW_INIT) already has a parameter lpVoid of type object that could be used for passing the parameter(s). Apart from this, only the GUIButtonControl classes (additional skin property) and the GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow method would need to be changed.

I'm not a MP dev but from what I can see this could be an easy-to-add feature which would be backward-compatible and offer a great addition to the skinning engine!

What do the MP devs think?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom