Alternative basichome screen for blue two wide (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found the home screen too much MCE and the basichome screen too basic. So what do you do? You change it! I like the flexibility of MP. Anyway I made an alternative basichome screen and wanted to share it. It is not better,it is just different and more to my personal likening.

Here is what I changed:
    - I changed the page title to the MP logo and name. I never knew if it said basi-chome or basic-home anyway.

- I rearranged the graphic buttons to a simple 2x4 array. Only a 2x3 array is used for now.

- I added 'myweather' (number 6 in the array), including the required additional animation and graphics.

- I added a 'shutdown' button.

- I set 'allow overlay' to 'no'. No TV, movie, radio logo on the home screen for me.

- I moved the selected button name to the bottom left of the screen, it never centered properly anyway.

- I moved the date and time (now all in the same color) to the bottom right of the screen.

The attached file includes all required modified and additional files in the right directories. Don't forget the delete the .bxml file after you changed the skin files, it will be regenerated when you restart MP.

Let me know if you like it, let me know if you don't (then at least I know you bothered to check it out).

VdR

View attachment 1308

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Could you detail a bit?

Thx,

VdR

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The modified basic home screen does not show the 'overlay' in the bottom left corner. The overlay would show what's currently playing (TV image, music jacket, radio logo, movie). I used the bottom left corner to show the name of the selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom