Alternative to Nero Drivespeed? (1 Viewer)

mariusau

Portal Pro
July 27, 2008
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi

Is there a good alternative to Nero Drivespeed? For some reason ISOs (on network drive) won't mount in Daemon Tools when Nero Drivespeed is activated.

I've tried CDThrottle/Bremse, but haven't managed to find how to register, and registration is required to autostart.

SurFan

Portal Member
August 7, 2005
Hi,

instead of changing the drivespeed application you might give VirtualCloneDrive instead of Daemon Tools a try. Just google for it

Ralph

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I also had problems with DriveSpeed and Daemon Tools (and pretty much any program that works with discs/images), what I did was configure AnyDVD to start a batch file every time a disc is inserted, for all types of disks. The batch file starts DriveSpeed, waits a few seconds (2 is enough) for it to apply the speed to the drive, and then kills its process so that image tools won't conflict with it. As DriveSpeed remembers that last setting you set it to for each type of disk, it applies it when the batch file starts it upon disk insertion.
    AnyDVD speed reduction doesn't work correctly for my drive (even at "Silent" it's still noisy) so I am forced to use DriveSpeed.

start "Launching Nero DriveSpeed" "C:\Program Files\Tools\Nero Tools\SetSpeed.exe"
    sleep 2
    pskill SetSpeed

(search Google for sleep and pskill)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom