Always Change Channel on Sched. Record. (1 Viewer)

Mish

Portal Member
August 10, 2006
I want to go back to using my IRBlaster to change the channel on my digital television receiver. I stopped using it as the channel on the decoder is something changed manually and if MediaPortal 'remembers' it being on the correct channel then it won't change the channel back to record.

EG:

MediaPortal changes the station to Channel 30
I manually change it to station 25
A recording event occurs for Channel 30, MediaPortal thinks it's still on channel 30 and doesn't change it.

If we can have an option to "Always change to correct channel on scheduled record" that would make my day. :)

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Which version of MP are you running? In 0.2.2 (the latest stable) I don't seem to have this trouble. For example, if I record two shows back-to-back on the same channel, it re-sends the channel, even though it doesn't need to.

I use a Dish Network STB, and every time it sends the channel I can see the Dish current program header, so I am quite positive that's what it is doing.

I do miss recordings on occassion because the IR blaster isn't perfect. Sometimes when it changes to 107, it actually ends up at 17 (or similar). Are you sure this isn't a more likely cause of the trouble?

Milhouse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom