Always need to restart MP resuming from standby with newer Nvidia cards or chipset? (1 Viewer)

dalbi

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
I know that nvidia card have some problem resuming from stanby: actually i've Nvidia 7150 (geforce4 chipset) and every time I have to restarting MP or rebooting bringing out from stanby to work fine! :(
The newer Nvidia cards or chipset still have this problems? Is better to buy other brand like Ati? thanks!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    There are currently many issues with ATi, so a switch is not recommended the way I see it.

There is an option to restart MP on resume, found in Config. -> General.

Also, I believe MCE Standby Tool has a workaround for this.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well there are enough issues with Nvidia as well. General consens - if one is unhappy with his current card he might not be happier with the other one...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Never read any complaints about Intel X4500 (anyone using that?). I know X3100 had its faults.
    (Nobody complained about VIA either, but nobody is probably using it :D)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I would stick with Nvidia and use the driver supplied with the card, rather than Nvidia.com.

I know i cannot run the 178.24 driver myself, previous one fine, even redownloaded it and still gave me problems.

dalbi

Portal Member
    November 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I know that the Nvidia 9300 could be a new good chipset for HTPCs (in a single chip!) better than X4500 ( Intel G45)and previous...I really hope that it will not have the same problems!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep, the 9300\9400 (very little difference apparently) are meant to be storming htpc designed chips, but again i think a lot has to do with the individual motherboard manufacturer to get things right here.

Motherboard manufacturers hmmm, theres a idea for a poll, sorry thinking out loud and went off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom