Always picks wrong series from database

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by splashdwn1, July 7, 2010.

1. splashdwn1

splashdwn1 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I have looked for the answer to my issue but can't quite find the answer to the exact issue I am having.

There are two entries for the series 'Queer as Folk' at theTVDB. There is the original British series which I have: "Queer as Folk" and there is the American remake titled "Queer as Folk (US)" which I do not have. When importing this series it is parsed correctly, but the US version is always chosen from theTVDB. I can't figure out how to force it to choose the British version and it never prompts me to choose.

My files are structured: Queer as Folk/Queer as Folk - S01E01
    This is the exact same name as on the database - no '(US)' - so I don't understand why it picks the other one.

I found a post which said in the GUI you could click on options with this series selected and then choose force alternate match or something like that, but this option is not available in the options. I'm using StreamedMP if that matters. Do I need to use another skin for this option to be available?

Thanks,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ryan20021982
    • Team MediaPortal

ryan20021982 Retired Team Member

Prison Guard
    Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Home Country:
    You need to go into the configuration for this option its not available in mp itself.

4. splashdwn1

splashdwn1 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Can you tell me where in the config this option is? I've looked everywhere and cannot find it.

I've tried deleting and re-importing, renaming every way I can think of, un-checking the automatically select series match option, nothing has worked.

5. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 2
    Inside GUI, hover over the series in question, use the context-menu button on your remote, or F9 on keyboard. Then select the 'Force online match' option.

You can also do this from within the configuration screen by right clicking the series in the overview.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!