Always the setup wizard when stating MediaPortal... (1 Viewer)

Boris

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
France
With the new tutorial available, I'm doing a test.
The compilation process finish with
"Rebuild All: 15 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped"

But when I launch mediaportal, it start the wizard. I answer all the question and it is finish. When I launch again MediaPortal, same wizard again...

My development computer does not have a tuner...

Here is the log of the compile MediaPortal (mediaportal.log) :
Code:
29/06/2005 23:23:32 Create new wizard setup
29/06/2005 23:23:33 found 0 tv cards
29/06/2005 23:23:33 determine proxy servers
29/06/2005 23:23:33 start application
29/06/2005 23:23:33 HCW: Could not find registry entries for driver components! (Not installed?)
29/06/2005 23:23:33 HCW: Could not find registry entries for driver components! (Not installed?)
mediaportal.bak give:
29/06/2005 23:31:31 Mediaportal is starting up
29/06/2005 23:31:31 Set current directory to :C:\MediaPortal\mediaportal\xbmc\bin\Release

What is wrong ?

ps : a little thing with the tutorial => with wincvs, mediaportal is download in c:\MediaPortal\mediaportal.

one more thing : in the tutorial, it miss the adding of "mediaportal\xbmc\bin\Release\plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll" reference.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    seems your registry entries for MP got a little mixed up

Uninstall MP from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel

delete the /team mediaportal/ directory completely (only after uninstalling!!)

reboot

Install MP

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HOW do you launch it? From Visual Studio? It's a good idea to start configuration.exe and mediaportal.exe from windows explorer for at least the first time. You seem to miss something, because subsequence starts should work.
    (This is not true for configuration.exe!!! This should ALWAYS be started from windows explorer, otherwise it's been started out of the wrong dir and will produce exactly what you describe.)

And no, you don't have to install MP, if you compile yourself. And there are NO registry entries which could have get broken. (There are some, but not important here.)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Latest cvs its confirmed. The wizard doesnt write to a mediaportal.xml file so no matter how many times you do it the wizard just keeps popping up. Temporary fix. Make a new text file. Put:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <profile>
    </profile>

in it, then rename it to mediaportal.xml and then try again. MP will now start config and you can continue as normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom