Am I doing this wrong? Trying to rearrange part 1 and part 2 of movies (1 Viewer)

Domenic

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
A lot of my movies are split into two "cds," often with names like "Movie.1" and "Movie.2". Moving Pictures, for whatever reason, often doesn't auto-detect that these should be merged.

OK, cool, so I merge them manually. But, often, doing this results in a listing in the Movie Manager with "Movie.1" having the "Part" field set to "2", and of course "Movie.2" having the "Part" field set to "1."

OK, cool, so I'll fix this manually. But, when I do so, by modifying those two fields, the change never sticks! I do the change, close Moving Pictures configuration, close MediaPortal configuration, open back up MediaPortal configuration, open back up Moving Pictures, scroll down to the movie... and they're still wrong; my changes did not stick.

Am I missing something?! Or is this a bug? I wanted to check first before actually logging a bug, because maybe you need to do something special?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, cool, so I'll fix this manually. But, when I do so, by modifying those two fields, the change never sticks! I do the change, close Moving Pictures configuration, close MediaPortal configuration, open back up MediaPortal configuration, open back up Moving Pictures, scroll down to the movie... and they're still wrong; my changes did not stick.

This might be a bug but i don't know yet for sure. I will try to reproduce this and in turn create the issue.

As a workaround you should name multiparts using <MOVIE>*CD/PART/DISC/DISK*# or <MOVIE># (no space/dot) even.
    The naming convention you are using let's the parser think is actually a movie and a sequel.

Domenic

Portal Member
    September 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah, I don't have control over the filenames; I'm loading them from some other peoples' file servers.

Another workaround appears to be un-associating them, then splitting them, then putting them back together. X_x.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Sounds like a bug to me, we will take a look. Unfortunately I am not sure there is a workaround for it right now. :( I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom