Am I missing something here? (1 Viewer)

bobn4burton

Portal Member
December 2, 2006
Hi. I'm just trying to get my pictures to show up in mediaportal. It works fine if I add a specific folder that contains immediate pictures. However, I have all my digital pics organized in specific folders. For instance:

/Digital Pics/2006/Thanksgiving/...

So...I guess I could go and manually add all the folders, but I have like 110 different folders within my Digital Pics folder. So that would be a pain. Isn't there anyway to add the main parent folder and have it show all sub-folders? If I add the main 'Digital Pics' folder...it just show's zero objects in the menu.

Thanks...I'm new to MediaPortal:oops:

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Just use the "Update Thumbnails" (I think that's what its called) option on the My Pictures screen.
    I have noticed that for large collections with multiple sub-folders that you may need to go into some folders and "Update thumbnails" for these individually.

Hope this helps,

Nick Name.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    /Digital Pics/2006/Thanksgiving/...

So...I guess I could go and manually add all the folders, but I have like 110 different folders within my Digital Pics folder. So that would be a pain. Isn't there anyway to add the main parent folder and have it show all sub-folders? If I add the main 'Digital Pics' folder...it just show's zero objects in the menu.
    in configuration.exe (Setup MediaPortal link on desktop) go to
    Pictures -> Picture Folders -> add the root folder of your digital images /Digital Pics/ and set it as default folder

when you enter MyPictures it will show you all files and folders of /Digital Pics/
    check that you have switched to "list view"
    Pictures -> Picture Extemsions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom