AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - can only parse 999 movies? (1 Viewer)

u095538

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Newcastle
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi There.

Big fan of MyFilms, AMC, Media Portal, and the MP-user who created the 0.9 version of AMC Updater! (I think it was someone from here, "Zebons" maybe?)

Anyway, to add fanart for new movies new to the database I do a manual update, selecting the "Download Fanart" operation.

Fanart is download for only the movies just added to the database, and not ALL the movies. This is achieved by processing the movies that have a number greater than "x", where "x" is the last movie number in the database before the new ones were added. For example. Let's say I have 250 movies in the database. I then add five new movies, now I have 255 in total. I instruct AMC Updater to only process movies that have a number greater than 250.

This worked brilliantly up until movie 1,000. It doesn't detect any entries with a number greater than "999". I'm wondering if the kind sir who created the updater would be able to fix this? I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL (I wish I had l33t programming skills :( )

To help illustrate the issue please see the following screenie:

screenshot.png

I would appreciate any help provided.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - can only parse 999 movies?

Hi u095538,
    this is happening because the number field (although the name sounds different) is a string field and thus your operator is comparing strings, not numbers/values.
    Thus ">999" causes no more valid "number strings" being found, as "1" is smaller than "9" -> thus "1000" etc. won't be found.
    To prove my assumption is right, you could try using ">1000" - this should again find movies with 1001, 1002, etc.
    Guzzi

u095538

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Newcastle
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - can only parse 999 movies?

I've tried and "> 1000" returns all entries: "1", "2", "3" etc..

Thanks for responding Guzzi. What's the difference between a string value and a number value? (feel free to tell me to Google it if you want :) )

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - can only parse 999 movies?

I've tried and "> 1000" returns all entries: "1", "2", "3" etc..

Thanks for responding Guzzi. What's the difference between a string value and a number value? (feel free to tell me to Google it if you want :) )
    I have added numeric comparator as additional option to AMCupdater - this should fit your needs. Will be included in the upcoming beta version.
    string = contains only "text", that consists of characters - it is not representing a numeric value (even, if alphanumeric characters included)
    number = only digits, representing a numeric value

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - can only parse 999 movies?

I've tried and ">I have added numeric comparator as additional option to AMCupdater

Fantastic! I ran into the same problem trying to manually update fanart, I concluded the same thing, that it was reading the number field as text. Great to see these little issues being sorted out!

u095538

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Newcastle
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Guzzi, you are the man. Thank you.

Weird how the alpha-numeric text of "1000" can be "less than" "999", considering "100" wasn't less than "99". I wonder how a "<" or ">" operation is actually calculated when comparing two string values instead of numerical values. Perhaps ">" doesn't mean "greater than" and instead means "first" when alphebatising the values. In other words, would "A" be > "a"?

..anyway thanks again Guzzi. The man you indeed are.

EDIT: Found the relevant info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_(computer_science)

The Wikipedia article said:
    It is often useful to define an ordering on a set of strings. If the alphabet Σ has a total order (cf. alphabetical order) one can define a total order on Σ* called lexicographical order. For example, if Σ = {0, 1} and 0 < 1, then the lexicographical order on Σ* includes the relationships ε < 0 < 00 < 000 < … < 0001 < 001 < 01 < 010 < 011 < 0110 < 01111 < 1 < 10 < 100 < 101 < 111 < 1111 < 11111 …

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom