AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - translated title? (1 Viewer)

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
From what I have glossed over in some of the threads, I think this may have been discussed, but I cannot figure out if there has been any decision or resolution;

I have been using AMCUpdater & MyFilms for a long time and find them great. I recently started working on fanart (a bit slow, I know). I discovered that the latest AMCUpdater (v0.9) includes an option to download fanart in the manual update tab. Fantastic! as I have a large collection and did not fancy adding fanart manually.

The issue I have noticed is as follows;
> The update saves the artwork with the filename "[translated title]".
> The skin looks for artwork with the filename "[Ant Master Title]"
> Therefore, because my [Ant Master Title] is the [original title] from my ANT database, MyFilms cannot display the fanart. I cannot use [translated title] as my [Ant Master Title], because then it will not display the entries that have no [translated title]!

Has anyone run across this issue?

EDIT:
OK, my temporary solution to this is to change the "title formatting" in AMC to display "Translated title" only. Unfortunately this means I do not get the Original Title name displayed when browsing MyFilms - which is not that big a deal, but I am fussy ;).

I will have a play with my skin file and see if I can get it to display the Translated Title on screen somewhere.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - translated title?

Did you check the setting in AMCupdater "Master Title (for fanart)" on Database fields tab?
    note: you don't need amcupdater to update/load your fanart - you can do that also from insude MyFilms GUI in global options.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - translated title?

Not sure what you mean by "Master Title (for fanart)"? For "Original Title Handling" I have selected "File Name + Internet Lookup" from the drop-down. However, what I am batch-updating fanart for movies that I have already scanned into the database, therefore the Original Title field of the records I am processing is already populated.

Re the update from within global options, I just tried that with the B3W skin and realised that it is possible. I am using some custom xml files for StreamedMP that I got from somewhere in the forums here. Unfortunately with them I cannot reach the "options" part of the menu - it is listed but I cannot reach it with the remote or the mouse. I will just wait for updated StreamedMP skin files to come out - hopefully there will be some work on this once 1.2 is out! (I should have said, I am using MyFilms 4.9.2.3).

EDIT: here is the link to the skin files I am currently using: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-films-164/future-myfilms-74261/index39.html#post697784

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - translated title?

the option I was taslking about is 3 items below the one you mentioned.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - translated title?

Huh? Here is what I can see on the Database Fields tab. I have also included the manual update screen I am talking about (with the "Download Fanart" option selected). Is this the correct version of AMCUpdater?

Attachments

• AMCUpdater db fields screen.png
      AMCUpdater db fields screen.png
      69.4 KB
    • AMCUpdater manual update screen.png
      AMCUpdater manual update screen.png
      59.4 KB

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    OK, now I am trying the download fanart on specific movies from within MyFilms GUI and it doesn't seem to be working. The search box pops up, I select the matched title, but no fanart downloads! Is this supposed to work in MyFilms 4.9.2.3? Do I need to enable anything on the grabber tab in the MyFilms config for this to work? Sorry for the confusion...

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    EDIT: I can download the fanart for a few movies from within the GUI, but doesn't seem to be that many. e.g. I cannot get fanart for "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World", but AMCUpdater does get the fanart for this movie under the manual update process I described above. What process is used to get fanart from within the MyFilms GUI? Are there files that I need to update?

Maybe I should just wait till MyFilms 5.0, can't be far away now ;)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - translated title?

Huh? Here is what I can see on the Database Fields tab. I have also included the manual update screen I am talking about (with the "Download Fanart" option selected). Is this the correct version of AMCUpdater?

Hi, seems that it's an older version - the 0.9 version has a separate setting for exactly that issue.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AMCUpdater 0.9 "manual update" fanart - translated title?

EDIT: I can download the fanart for a few movies from within the GUI, but doesn't seem to be that many. e.g. I cannot get fanart for "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World", but AMCUpdater does get the fanart for this movie under the manual update process I described above. What process is used to get fanart from within the MyFilms GUI? Are there files that I need to update?

Maybe I should just wait till MyFilms 5.0, can't be far away now ;)

If you can wait ... - MF5 has many improvements - especially for updates from inside the GUI. Would appreciate testing and feedback once MF5 beta is released...

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom